Chapter 1-4

Friday, September 17th. 2010

Michael stood in awe of what he was witnessing. It was clearly something supernatural. Something that would have made Simon wet his pants in excitement.  The woman didn't even stand. She floated there, hovering a few inches above the ground. Michael was completely speechless.

"This world has changed so much since I was sealed. There is so much more energy to feed on." The woman said, looking at Michael. "Don't be scared, I haven't decided whether I should kill you or not."

"Who are you?" Michael finally built up the courage to ask. He couldn't help but notice how dumb his voice sounded. He wanted to run, but was completely frozen in place.

"I am known as Visceria. Or rather, I was once known as Visceria before I became what I am today." She said with a dull, but superior, tone. "You are Michael, are you not?"

"How did you know that?" Michael asked, frightened.

"I told you. I've been watching you ever since you broke the seal. I did not appear in a corporeal form as I do now, but you were aware of my presence." Visceria responded as if it were obvious.

"The shadows?" Michael gasped. She nodded.

"Only those with a dark heart can break the seal, and I have confirmed there is darkness in your heart, but you are still a child." Visceria explained. "Because of that, I have decided to let you live, for now."

"Let me live?" Michael was shocked. He didn't know what to say.

"Yes, you are not worth expending my energy on. I must save it for the true threats to this world." Visceria said.

"Wait, you killed that security guard at the museum, didn't you?" Michael nearly shouted. Visceria stopped absorbing electricity and gave Michael a dark glare.

"I do not kill meaninglessly. Unlike you, my heart is pure, despite being made into what I am today." Visceria was offended.

"If it wasn't you, then who was it?" Michael knew he shouldn't have continued on the topic, but couldn't help himself. His words were coming out automatically, and the rest of his body wasn't responding to his inputs either. He was nothing but a frozen voice.

"Who knows?" Visceria said in such a way indicating she knew who did it. "That hardly matters. I was not planning on being discovered so soon, especially not by someone with a heart as dark as yours. I have to decide what to do." She returned to draining energy from the electrical socket. It was subtle, but the golden glow around her was growing brighter as she did.

"Why do you keep saying I have a dark heart?" Michael asked.

"Like I said before, only one with a dark heart such as yours can break the seal, and the seal is broken. Given how you treat others, it's obvious to even the most naïve person. I just hope you grow out of it, that way I won't have to kill you." Visceria explained.

"What seal?" Michael couldn't stop the questions from coming. He felt the moment they stopped talking was the moment she would kill him.

"You don't remember? The armor you broke apart. It freed me from my prison, and while I am thankful, I must prepare for the other consequences." Visceria said "You ask so many questions, you really shouldn't. Having knowledge makes you a target."

"I'm sorry." Michael looked around the room for a way out. There was a beaker just over half full of water at the desk where Damien sat. Damien had ignored Mr. Bean's orders of emptying the beakers, likely on purpose. Michael regretted not paying closer attention to the experiment, but knew electricity and water didn't mix.