Chapter 7-9

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010

The sky churned with endless turmoil. Dark clouds were battered by white rings of light. Alexander recognized the area as his mind. He saw a manifestation of his mind whenever he sealed a spell, but there was no spell to seal. The chaotic storm raged high above him as he lay on the flat ground made of solid glimmering light.

"You killed him." A dark voice chuckled. "I must admit, he wasn't my first choice but I was running out of options."

"What are you talking about? Who's there?" Alexander's head darted left and right. There was nothing around him. It was as if the darkness itself were talking to him.

"At first I thought my dreams had ended when you plunged that dagger into his eye. I thought I would be stuck with a host unwilling to use my powers. But now I see your mind clearly, you will use me for your benefit." The man's voice was made of only one emotion: determination.

"You're the mind control spell. But I didn't seal you." Alexander paused for a moment. "Wait, Mr. Yukinawa wanted to kill me and Michael to take control of our spells."

"You figured it out, very good! You kill someone, you take their power. Not unlike my first master who killed me." The voice was patronizing, but also the kind of voice that demanded respect.

"So you gave yourself to Damien so he could use you for greatness. I think I understand. Why do the deed yourself when you can make someone else do it?" Alexander scoffed.

"I could have caused all kinds of mayhem if I chose to, but what would be the point? In my life, I had meaning, a reason for all of it. The world has changed in the many years since my death. I have no personal connection to it anymore, and without a personal connection there's no fun to be had. That's why I gave myself to Damien as he was promising. Now I see you, you are even more promising. You will use me in a subtle ways to accomplish your goals. You have the mind capable of using my power to rule the world and no one would be the wiser. Damien's boldness was fun, but I look forward to your cloaked methods."

"I will never use you." Alexander growled.

"We both know that isn't true." The voice let out a single laugh. Before Alexander could respond everything faded to black.

Alexander stood inside a large empty room. It was a grand hall with large tables stretching from the entrance to the building all the way to the stand he stood upon. At the moment it was empty, but soon it would be overflowing with his followers. A dim purple light illuminated the building.

Purple, the color of subjugation. It was perfect for entrancing his followers into submission. Alexander felt a rush of power just standing there overlooking the citadel that had been built to honor him. Bheuis, the person whose body he inhabited, had so much power despite having no magic. In fact, Bheuis didn't believe in the supernatural at all. The supernatural was formed from stories used to manipulate the weak minded.

"Impressive structure. Built for you I take it?" Alexander heard a voice from the shadows near his stand. Strange, there was no entrance there. A man had been hiding in that nook for hours just for a chance to see him. It wouldn't be the first.

"Not for me, but for the true lord." Alexander responded naturally. He turned to face the man and saw a rather handsome looking fellow with sharp jade eyes and long blonde hair. He was in his early forties, but wealth seemed to drip off of him. His robe was white and lined with gold, an opposing cathedral perhaps?

"Of course." The man snickered slowly walking out of the shadows so Alexander could get a better look. Alexander remained on the stand, gaining a foot above him. He was a critic. It wouldn't be the first that he turned.