Chapter 4-10

Friday, September 24th. 2010

The voice came from someone Alexander didn't recognize. He looked to be about Michael's age, but was only a little bit taller than Alexander. He had short blonde hair with blue eyes. He was wearing all dark clothing making him appear suspicious, especially with what had been happening. He was familiar to Alexander, but he didn't know why.

"It's the Lom!" Michael exclaimed happily.

"Don't start with me Michael." The Lom responded. Whoever it was, he and Michael had a history.

"You're the other guy from the video!" Heather blurted out.

"Oh, so you've seen that then?" Lom cast a glare at Michael.

"Don't tell me you're still upset about the incident with the counselor. " Michael asked, pretending to be concerned when it was obvious he knew the how Lom felt.

"I've put a lot of thought into this and decided that you've proven too irresponsible to handle these powers." Lom replied. "I've come to make sure no more spells fall into your hands."

"All because I had some fun?"

Alexander, Heather, and Brianna all took a step back closer to the solid concrete wall at the end of the alley. None of them wanted to interrupt the feud that Michael and Lom were having.

"I came here when I saw the news. It's obviously the work of the spell. I didn't think you could get here without a car, but apparently you have more allies than I realized." Lom shrugged. "Regardless, now that we're here we might as well work together. The most important thing is stopping the spells and making sure no one gets hurt."

"Of course." Michael replied. "Why would you believe I would think any different?"

"It's clear to me that the only reason you wanted to stop Stheno was due to Chelsea being sick. If Chelsea wasn't threatened, I bet you wouldn't care nearly as much. Some of us actually want to save everyone, not just those we know."

"Whatever, Mr. Holier than thou." Michael shrugged.

"Okay, that's enough. You said you wanted to help us?" Alexander decided to speak up to end the argument. Every second wasted was another that the city could be destroyed.

"Yes. I recognize Brianna, but who are you and the other girl?" Lom asked.

"I am Alexander. I've sealed one spell already. I've only met Michael today then we heard the news. Brianna brought us here." Alexander couldn't figure out what to say first, so he just let it all out in a jumbled mess.

"I'm Heather, Brianna's best friend. We don't have any magic, at least not yet." Heather interrupted with a grin.

"Maybe you girls should wait out here then." Lom suggested.

"Why? Cause we're girls and this is a man's job?" Heather shot back, quick to pull the gender card.

"No, you don't have any spells and this could be really dangerous." Lom grunted annoyed.

"Don't bother. We already tried to deter them. They're coming with us." Michael shared in Lom's frustration.

"We need to act quickly. I don't feel comfortable with the spell wandering around a nuclear power plant." Alexander was growing impatient. If he was by himself he would have already been inside. Of course, if he were by himself he would stand no chance of defeating this thing. They had to work together, but each new cog seemed to break their machine even more.

"Alexander is right. We'll sort out our problems after. Let's get going." Lom seemed to be the only one of the group to see sense. Alexander gave a brief summary of his power to the group. Faerina's spell tore at his body and mind when he used it at the zoo. He wouldn't be able to keep all five of them phased for very long. They would have to move quickly through the walls.