Chapter 7-8

Tuesday, October 5th, 2010

Alexander's plan was not wise. The living room had several people in it. Alexander felt the glare of several eyes as he stood there against the back wall. It was a lot to take in all at once. Chelsea's living room had a large couch with a massive flat screen television attached to the wall, complete with a surround sound stereo system. The television was playing had some football game on. It was like being in an electronics store. The room was illuminated by a crystalline chandelier. There were also several pieces of art framed on the wall Alexander ran through.

Sitting on the couch was an African American teenager wearing some kind of business suit. He looked a little older than Alexander. Chelsea was asleep completely naked, her head on his lap. Fiona sat on the other end of the couch stripped down to just her underwear. She was staring directly at the suited teen. Michael stood in the corner like a statue. Next to him was an overweight bald man with Fiona's sword. Michael's face was horrifically scarred and singed. His clothes were tattered and ragged as well. It was hard to recognize him.

"Who are you?" The person sitting on the couch asked. "Michael who is that?"

"That's Alexander, Lord Damien." Michael replied dully. Alexander immediately equated his emotion to that of Michael's guidance spell Prae. There was no doubt that he was under the control of the guy on the couch.

"He's clearly using magic. Let's see what he can do. Kill him." Lord Damien ordered with a laugh. Alexander stood there trying to process what was happening. Michael ran towards Alexander, the wounds that scarred his face didn't slow him down at all.

"Visceria!" Michael held his right hand up absorbing electricity from the house. The lights flickered as he held his left hand forward, electricity arcing through his fingertips.

"Xkaein!" Alexander quickly summoned up a barrier just as the energy from Michael's spell surged forward. He felt the spell hit the barrier and spread against every inch of it. Alexander's spell was conducting the energy of Michael's like water conducted electricity. It was a strange sensation, but the shield held.

"Hey! I'm trying to watch the game, stop that!" Damien yelled. The lights and television stopped flickering as Michael motioned his hand forward, beginning to draw energy from elsewhere. Alexander didn't understand what he was doing at first until he felt it. Michael was drawing energy from the barrier spell weakening it!

"Drakin!" Michael called forward. The flames twisted forward like a flamethrower, burning through the weakened shield as if it weren't there. Alexander quickly jumped out of the way.

"Michael snap out of it!" Alexander called out knowing it would do no good. It was only a distraction to buy him time while he thought. The true enemy was on the couch. Alexander had to get to him somehow. He was still phased but knew that Faerina wouldn't protect him from the heat of the flames. The fire twisted pursuing Alexander like a snake. Michael wasn't holding back offering no chance for Alexander to recover.

"Xkaein!" Alexander called out summoning a barrier in the shape of a bubble around him. The flames hit the shield and engulfed him completely. The flames couldn't get to him but the heat could. In only moments Alexander was sweating in the egg shaped coffin he had created for himself. Xkaein, the four armed god that Alexander had obtained the power from, was able to twist and weave his barriers however he saw fit. Alexander didn't have that ability. His spell, like all the others, was watered down in comparison to source of the magic it originated from. The only thing he could do was pump more energy into the barrier to make sure it would hold from Michael's ruthless onslaught.

"Impressive. He'll make a fine addition to my army." Alexander heard Damien's voice through the surging flames. "Fiona, tell me what he is capable of."