Chapter 6-4

Wednesday, September 29th. 2010

"Come to finish the job?" Fiona asked hoarsely. She was only armed with her sword.

"Demon worshippers!" Mr. Yukinawa scowled.

"Satori!" Alexander screamed.

"Fire!" Mr. Yukinawa ordered.

"Xkaein!" Alexander summoned up a barrier quickly, protecting the group from the onslaught of gunfire. The bullets hit his barrier harder than ever, forcing him to reinforce it with more energy. "Lom, stop them!" He called as Fiona leapt over the formation of men, running between them. She was confident that they wouldn't shoot her as she charged the barrier with her sword. Alexander knew from experience that her sword could slice his shield as if it were butter.

"Stheno!" Lom yelled. It was easy to see he was dumping all of his energy into the spell. Almost immediately the gunfire became scattered. Fiona leapt on to one foot as a bullet nearly grazed her. The men toppled like dominoes one by one, retching up a disgusting sound that echoed throughout the warehouse. "I can't affect the girl or the Asian guy."

"Jinshu!" Abigail cried out, pulling the guns away from the men and sliding them towards the shadows in the back of the warehouse. Fiona reached Alexander's barrier and with vertical slash of her sword cut it in two, dispelling his magic. She leapt for Michael first, as he was the closest.

Lom took a step back from the confrontation leaving Michael to deal with Fiona. He was still concentrating on his magic, making sure the guys with the guns couldn't get back up.

"I need to get to Satori!" Alexander yelled.

"Go!" Michael ordered, leaping backwards and luring Fiona away from the group. Alexander took the distraction and began running towards the door where Mr. Yukinawa stood with a bloody dagger. Out of everyone, Fiona seemed to only focus on Michael. Abigail was about to charge the girl attacking her brother but Chelsea held her back.

"You did your part Abigail." Chelsea told her.

Michael was barely dodging out of the way from Fiona's clumsy strikes. She was acting out of sheer desperation. Michael could have sworn he saw tears forming in her eyes as she cut the air only inches from his throat.

"I'll kill you!" Her voice was scratchy, and she looked like a rabid dog. Even though she was injured Michael stood no chance in beating her in physical combat. He had to use his magic to disable her, but how?

"Drakin." Michael summoned up a small patch of flame underneath her, but she was quick to leap out of the fire unhurt. "Stop it Fiona I don't want to fight you."

"You don't want to fight me?" Laughter was added to Fiona's emotional concoction of sadness and anger. "You already killed everyone else!"

"That wasn't me, it was Mr. Yukinawa!" Michael tried to explain, barely avoiding another attack by stepping rapidly like he would do in a basketball game. Fiona didn't waste any time and caught Michael off guard with a horizontal slice. Michael pulled his gut back as the sword cut right through his shirt, leaving a shallow gash along his stomach. He fell backwards from the sudden evasive maneuver. He pulled his arm to his injury, it hurt but he had been through worse. In a second Fiona was on top of him, ready to thrust her sword down towards his body. Michael saw pure rage burning in her eyes as she pushed the sword down. He held his arm up helplessly ready for the worst, but it didn't come. Fiona was flung backwards, Chelsea appearing behind where she was standing. She had yanked Fiona by her long hair so hard she nailed her to the ground. She stepped on Fiona's right arm that held the blade and Abigail wrestled it from her, careful to avoid the edges of the sword.