Chapter 6-10

"Prae." Michael stood in the center of the group. It was like playing basketball again. All eyes in the room were on him. He even gave Chelsea a confident smile before casting his spell. It was finally time, time to find the seal. Fiona claimed that it wouldn't put an end to the spells, but Michael remained optimistic that it would. Even if it didn't, it would be a huge step forward. If they controlled the seal it meant no more magic could escape it. It was sealing a leak, all that would be left is cleaning up the remains.

Prae emerged from the palm of his hand, the very palm that ended her life, and hovered above casting her green light out on everyone. If it was dark in the room, she would have illuminated everyone in an emerald glow, but with the lights on it was barely noticeable.

She had the usual blank expression on her face showing she was a soulless embodiment of a once proud pixie.

"The enemy is plotting your death in the mines behind the geothermal plant. You must obtain the seal before more spells escape." Prae stated. With that Michael allowed the spell to fade.

"Perfect!" Heather exclaimed happily. "Let's get moving."

"You're going to come with?" Fiona asked surprised. "I didn't think you had any magic."

"I don't." Heather replied.

"Don't bother, there's no getting to her." Alexander explained before Heather could say anything else. "Besides, she already told me she wants to work for Hyakume industries just like you do in the future, what better way to get experience?"

"Sounds good to me, I'm planning a physical training regimen for all of you, Heather that will include you too."

"Roger." Heather saluted.

"Well then. The group will be me, Michael, Alexander, Lom, Abigail, and Heather." Fiona stated.

"Don't forget Brianna." Heather quickly added.

"Brianna doesn't want to come." Fiona disagreed.

"No, I do. I want to get footage for this." Brianna spoke strangely. It was clear she didn't like the idea of going, yet she still fought for it. Why?

"Footage?" Fiona asked.

"I've been recording the strange events that we've dealt with so far. Originally I was going to upload it to some paranormal websites as proof of something greater, but now that I know what we're dealing with I figure we can use it for research." Brianna suggested.

"Good, don't leak that footage to the public. We already had enough trouble covering up the giant spider incident with Michael." Fiona responded. "You can come, just stay back."

"Of course." Brianna replied. "I have no intention of putting myself in harm's way."

After saying their goodbyes the group broke apart. Lom took Brianna, Heather, and Alexander with him in his truck while Fiona took Michael and Abigail into a familiar black van. It was the same van Mr. Yukinawa used. Michael was surprised to hear Fiona could drive, but given her many talents he shouldn't have been. They left Chelsea's and Brianna's car behind parked on the side of the road.

The ride to the geothermal plant was quiet. It was strange how everything had become so official. It was as if he had suddenly joined the very company that was planning to kill him. He compared it to sports. It was the difference between being part of an official team and playing around in the park after school. Fiona kept a stern look on her face as she patiently drove through the city's traffic. Abigail sat next to him staring out the window with a dull look on her face.