Chapter 6-5

Wednesday, September 29th. 2010

"Out of the way!" Chelsea ordered. Michael obeyed and Chelsea was next to Alexander's bleeding body in an instant. "I need something to wrap the wound now!" She yelled looking around at the group desperately.

"Abigail, go back and keep an eye on Fiona. Make sure she stays down." Michael ordered. She nodded, her eyes widened in disgust and fright from the carnage. Michael regretted ever letting her join the battle. Her powers, while helpful, didn't change the fact that she was still a little girl. Fiona was barely capable of moving so he felt Abigail wouldn't be in any danger watching her.

"I'll call 911." Lom already had his phone out and dialed as he said this. Heather was looking around doing her best to aid Chelsea in closing Alexander's wound. She began unboxing several of the nearby crates looking for any kind of medical supplies.

"We have to close this wound fast!" Chelsea held Alexander's uniform down around the opening in his flesh, putting pressure on it in an attempt to stop the bleeding. "Michael, you need to cauterize it." She looked to Michael desperately. Heather's search was finding nothing of use. There were other rooms of the warehouse, but finding any medical supplies was looking to be a longshot.

"What does that mean?" Michael asked nervously.

"Burn the flesh in and around the wound to close it. Use your magic." Chelsea began tearing off Alexander's uniform. Her hands were covered in blood. Tears were beginning to form in her eyes but she maintained her focus regardless.

"I don't know how to do that." Michael tried not to panic but everyone else's reactions were starting to get to him.

"He's losing a lot of blood if you don't he will die!" Chelsea screamed finally removing the shirt. She used the uniform to soak up as much blood from the stab as possible before pulling her hands back. "Now!"

"Drakin!" Michael curved the flames from his hands, manipulating them to burn only where Alexander was stabbed. He didn't know what he was doing, but he focused intensely regardless almost tickling Alexander's skin with the fire until it was just hot enough to burn over. Alexander's body began to seize from the pain, forcing Chelsea to do her best to hold him down. Michael made sure the fire never got anywhere near Chelsea.

"It's working." Chelsea reassured Michael. He added the finishing touches before pulling the fire back. It looked like the wound had been scabbed over.

"Ambulance is on the way." Lom told the rest of them. "How can I help?"

"We've stopped the bloodflow but now he's super open to infection. Lom can you do anything to prevent that?" Chelsea turned her pleading eyes to Lom.

"I don't think my magic works that way." Lom responded unsure. "I can only control the particular infliction I spread."

"The ambulance will be here soon though right?" Heather was still barely able to speak. She held Alexander's lifeless hand tightly tears streaming down her face. Michael couldn't bear anymore. He felt he was about to burst into tears as well so instead turned to the doorway Mr. Yukinawa was guarding recalling Alexander's words. The best thing he could do now was honor those words. He pulled the door open forcefully and went inside.

Sitting at a lone table in the room and shivering in fear was the Japanese girl he had only met once before, Satori. She had bruises all along her face and cuts up and down her bare arms. It looked like her uniform had been torn to allow easier access to her arms. She looked to Michael teary eyed and desperate.