4-Prologue

Tuesday, September 21st. 2010

"You let him escape." The emotionless voice echoed throughout the large pipe filled room of the geothermal plant. The creature of liquid silver that took the form of a large human was the source. The mage, aided by the ghost Faerina, escaped its grip. "If the mage obtains control of the seal I will never succeed. You will find him and kill him. It's the only way."

Floating just above the ground was a beast of four arms. In the center, where the arms connected, was a single eye. It hands were not those of a human's, and instead had eight fingers each. The creature was small in comparison to the silver behemoth, and consisted of nothing more than its white fleshy arms and single eye.

"And why should I do that?" The four armed abomination had no mouth, but spoke regardless. Its voice did not lack emotion, and instead dripped of maliciousness.

"You said you would help me." With no emotion the silver behemoth sounded confused instead of angry.

"Yes, I did. I also lied. Unlike you I am capable of that." The malicious voice fell to a dull dubious one. "It's so nice to be out of that seal once again. It's been so long." It stretched its arms outwards as if it had awoken from a long slumber. Its fingers danced as it began to get used to its own body once again.

"Then you will return back to the seal. You know you are powerless around me." The silver monster reached out towards the floating cluster of arms, but was too slow. The armed monstrosity hovered backwards until it was flying out of reach.

"Normally I would be. Your power is to disable others. My power is to protect. Do you understand?" It replied smugly. The arms of the creature began to make motions with great finesse. The eight fingered hands weaved together strings of energy, strings of magic, until a transparent barrier surrounded the being. Prismatic ripples ran around the bubble of energy that protected it as the silver monster attempted to use its powers on him. "For you to disable me you would have to get around my barriers. Only one has been able to do so, our former master." The armed creature explained with disgust in its voice. "He came to the world I had kept hidden for eons, killed me, and twisted my home. Now I intend to return the favor. In a way you get what you want. That mage will die, but he won't be the only one."

"You cannot. Should you reveal us more mages will come. They will seek our power just like before." The silver beast argued.

"Good. Let them come. I will not rest until every one of these humans suffers the same fate as my people."