Chapter Five

~Chloe's POV~

I waited outside the prinicpal's office, I had a meeting with him and my mom about the whole test incident. My mom didn't believe it for a second because I'd never cared that much about getting anything right. A few people walked passed with smirks on their faces, as if they'd done something to me. I just smiled at them as they walked past, it was getting annoying now though. They had started flipping me off, tryna kick my shin and shit like that but it didn't last long as the man who got me sitting in this chair decided to stand opposite me just to make sure it didn't happen. I took my phone out and sighed, this unwantedly caught Armstrong's attention. "What?" He asked and I frowned in return. "Don't ask what because you already know" I scoffed and he sighed. "Don't make everybody feel sorry for you. I don't think you cheated either but it's school rules" I rolled my eyes. "Wasn't that when you let me finish my paper huh?" He frowned. "Don't mention anything, that stays between us got it?" He scowled and for once, he intimidated me and fuck, it scared me that he did.

"Awwh, did I finally get it through your skull that I'm above you?" He teased and I clenched my fists. How dare he, I was at the top. This was my school before his, I almost owned the place. Not him. "No, of course you didn't sir" I said bitterly and he chuckled. "Relax, I'm only teasing" He said, sitting next to me, which I didn't appreciate at all. I crossed my arms. "You don't gotta be so tough y'know, it's okay to be a bit soft sometimes" I sighed, he had a point but I didn't wanna be softie. This was who I was, I was the tough one of the school. He didn't seem to know that though.

"Listen, you're a good kid when you wanna be. It's just when you're being stubborn that people get mad with you" He informed me but I simply ignored him. Remember what I said before? If you don't wanna hear the shit that comes out of their mouth, just don't listen. "Just don't beat yourself up. It's just Alicia being a typical spoiled brat" This made me laugh, someone who agreed with me! "Yeah, okay" I said with a bit of a smile. "There we go, someone got you to smile. Almost seems magical" I rolled my eyes again. "Alright, I'll shut up now" He said and I smiled. "Thanks, sounds like a plan Armstrong" He smiled back and for once, I wasn't mad at him. I didn't wanna piss him off today, don't ask me why because even I don't know but I did know that this wouldn't last forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks Sir, for sticking up for me" I said, walking towards the gates. "Anytime. God, your principal really is a jerk huh?" He said, stopping to talk to me. "Don't I know it" I replied and I sighed. Tomorrow we would probably go back to playing cat and mouse which was getting boring. He was actually sorta alright. "Hey, Armstrong?" I asked and he nervously scratched the back of his neck and cleared his throat. "It's uh, it's Billie Joe. We're not technically in school anymore" I tested it out on my lips before continuing my sentence. "Okay then, Billie Joe" I started, "I was wondering if I uh, could maybe uhm, like maybe start getting tutoring? And uh, maybe you could be my uh tutor?" Mr Ar-I mean, Billie, laughed slightly.

"Why me" He asked curiously and I shuffled my feet. "Uh, you're my music teacher?" He smiled and placed his hand in his pocket as he answered my question. "Sure. Wednesday's okay? 3pm in the library?" I nodded. "The one in school or?" He shook his head. "The one down town, it's a lot quieter" I nodded. "That's fine" I replied and he smiled. Maybe this semester was going to be okay.