Chapter Nine

A/n: This chapter contains a slight, brief hint at suicide so please keep that in mind

~Chloe's POV~

"Don't beat yourself up Chloe, it's not your fault. Someone must have got it wrong or something" I frowned. "I definitely finished that test! There's no doubt about it! I know exactly who erased my answers and her name is Alicia" I heard a scoff from behind me. "As if I would do that. I don't wanna give you motivation to nearly die on the roof" I clenched my fists and Vicky had to stop me from punching that brat in the face. "I didn't go up there for that. I went to think" I said through gritted teeth and she laughed. "Yeah, sure" Who did this bitch think she was? The fucking queen?

I wriggled out of Vicky's gentle grasp and lunged at Alicia, punching her hard in the face while her little minions shrieked and she screamed. "Get this crazy bitch off of me!" She exclaimed and a few students looked at us and gasped and a few went to get a teacher, joy. "Chloe!" Vicky shouted and I looked back to see three very pissed off people rushing towards us, including Billie Joe, who just so happened to be the one that pulled me off of Alicia. She was taken back into school to get her face patched up by two of the teachers. Serves her right the bastard.

I however, was taken into school to be scolded big time while Vicky was chased away. "What the hell were you thinking?! What the fuck did she say to you that made you so mad?" Billie scolded, not seeming to care he just broke a teacher rule by swearing, while I shuffled my feet. "Well? I'm waiting for an answer" He spat and I sat down, realising my mistake. "I-I.." I paused and he frowned and it intimated me so much. I fell weak at his angered gaze and it annoyed me, so much.

"S-she said that I, that I went to the roof to well, y'know" I said sadly and this seemed to make Billie soften his attitude and whole demeanor in fact and he seemed slightly sympathetic as he sat down next to me. "Violence isn't always the answer Clo" I looked at him. "My name's Chloe, not Clo" I said and he sighed. "Alright, sorry" He replied and I put my head in my hands and a few stray tears made their way down my face. "She's been asking for it though" I muttered and this made Billie chuckle slightly. "That may be true, but that doesn't mean you should do it" He informed me and I looked at him with teary eyes. "You don't know what she's done to me" I said, lowering my head.

Why did I allow myself to be so weak, fragile and mellow with him? It was sure to be my downfall but he was actually interested with my feelings. "What has she done?" He asked, a slight sympathetic smile making it's way onto his face and I sighed. "Threatened me, tripped me up, made fun of my family, joked about my grief. The list is endless" I said, more tears running down my face. "She's just trying to get attention. Unlike you, though, she barely gets it" I laughed slightly. "There's the Chloe I know" He said and I smiled.

"I'm so sorry" I said, rubbing my arm slightly as regret filled my voice. "For what?" He asked and I took a deep breath. "F-for this" I said, placing a soft, gentle kiss on his cheek before getting up and walking off. My own cheeks heated up as I rushed out of the school and Vicky was waiting for me. "What happened in there? You look like a tomato" She said and I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and cleared my throat. "Nothin, just got told that what I did was wrong but they're letting me off this time" She examined me and started walking slowly. "Uh huh" She said as we started walking off and I looked back at the school.

It wasn't even that bad, just a simple, friendly kiss on the cheek. It's not as if it would lead to anything right? It was a just a thank you for looking out for me, it wasn't flirty or anything and I'm sure he knew that. Nothing was ever gonna come of this, it would surely be forgotten by tomorrow right? Oh fuck, how I hoped it would be...

A/n

Hello, I just wanted to drop by and give you this :D