Chapter Eleven

~Chloe's POV~

"Are you sure you're okay? You've been all smiley since music this morning" Vicky informed me, which snapped me out of whatever trance I seemed to be in. "Oh uh yeah, I'm fine. Just, thinkin' is all" I replied, holding my bag straps quite tightly and looked to the floor. Vicky gasped in return and grinned and made a weird shrieking noise. "I think I know what's up! You have a crush on someone!" My eyes widened as her words left her mouth. She was my best friend yeah, but no way could she find out I had a small crush on someone who I shouldn't really be having crushes on.

"No! That's not it at all!" I defended and she smirked and flicked her hair back. "Honey, defensiveness is the number one sign, being all smiley and happy is another so quit the games and spill the motherfucking tea" She said as we sat down on the bench outside the park. "That's where you're wrong. I don't have a crush on anyone Vick, and that's how it's gonna stay" She laughed and I simply raised an eyebrow at her. "Chloe, listen, you are allowed to have crushes y'know, it's not illegal" I bit my lip, this one probably was. "Listen Vick, I promise I don't have a crush. I'm just in a good mood is all" Vicky sighed and stood up, helping me up in the process, and looked at me with an unsure look, almost trying to figure me out.

"You one hundred percent sure?" I nodded and smiled nervously. "Yep, now please let's go" I begged as it started to get dark and she nodded. "Yeah, my mom will be wondering where the hell we are" She said, taking her phone out. I was sleeping over because my mom and dad decided to have a date night and I don't really wanna be there tonight so it was the only place I could go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I layed down in the bed, watching the ceiling as I thought about, well, everything. "Night Chloe" Vicky said, followed by a yawn. "Night Vick" I replied quietly as I grabbed my phone. I know it was stupid but I decided to message Billie. I had his number in case anything happened and I couldn't attend the tutoring blah blah but we messaged a few times just casually. I pressed his contact and took a deep breath.

Hey, you up? I know it's late but I wanna talk. I tapped the side of my phone and bit my lip, patiently waiting for a reply. I'm up yeah, thought you'd be asleep though? He replied and a small smile made it's way onto my face. This was definitely a stupid school girl crush but at least I'd get over it by my end of year exams. I'm at Vicky's and have too much on my mind I informed him, at least he wasn't cheesed off that I'd messaged him at midnight. Lemme guess, you're thinking of how to annoy me in class again? I laughed only slightly at his text, mainly trying not to wake Vicky who was now snoring and fast asleep. Actually no, I'm sorta thinking about that kiss yesterday I confessed and ran my hand through my hair.

What about it? He asked and I sighed, I don't even know why I was thinking about it because everytime I did, I'd get butterflies and I'd feel all warm inside. Just, how it made me feel I said and immediately regretted it. What was he gonna think of me? He was bound to have some idea of my feelings by now, it was so obvious goddammit. How did it make you feel? I bit my lip before answering. It made me feel warm inside and it gave me butterflies I 'said' truthfully before putting my phone down.

I turned over in bed, making the sheets rustle slightly as I got ready to finally get some sleep when my phone vibrated from the bedside table. I hesitantly lifted myself up with my arms to find out what the notification was and my heart almost skipped a beat when I seen what was displayed on my screen. Really? I thought you'd freak out but I'm glad you got the same feeling as me. I had to stop myself from screaming. He liked me? Surely not? Oh boy, I was in for a fun week next week.