Chapter Eight

~Chloe's POV~

Today was results day, fun. I would see if I passed or failed my music test. I was sitting in the hall, like every other B1 music student, except I wasn't afraid if I failed. My parents wouldn't ground me, beat me or anything, I'd just get a quick lecture and I'd be fine and good to go.

Teachers were calling people up one by one, I was near the end due to it being in alphabetical order which was crap because all the people after 'E' were basically the dumbest in the school and had no hope in hell at passing anything despite all their efforts. "Can Chloe Stewart come and collect her paper please?" I heard my que and walked over to the desk to get my paper. I picked it up and almost had to stop myself from keeling over.

Nothing?! I knew I'd do bad but to get nothing! I could have sworn that I'd finished every question! I looked over to Billie who already knew the score and disappointment was plastered across his face, he broke the rules so I could do well and this is what happens, I mess it up as usual. It felt worse this time tough, I'd never gotten an ungraded before and it sort of hurt. I had to walk past Billie Joe to get back to the hallway and I sighed as I did.

I attempted to smile at him but he just looked away and I looked at the floor as I threw my test in the trash and ran out into the corridor and outside with tears in my eyes. I climbed up one of the pipes and sat on the roof, looking out at the forest view. I don't know why, but the reason I was even in this state was how disappointed Billie was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ms Stewart! Please get down from the roof!" Miss Parker shouted up and I sniffed. "No!" I shouted back down. This was my thinking space and right now, I needed to think. "What's going on out here? I'm trying to-" I huffed as I heard Billie's voice from the floor. "Chloe won't get down from the roof" I groaned. "Fuck off!" I shouted and they all sighed. "Maybe I can talk some sense into her" Billie replied, also climbing up the pipe as the other teachers gasped. He sat next to me and I looked away. "Chloe? What's up?" He asked softly and I sighed. "Go away" I said, my voice quite nasally due to the crying that I had been doing.

"Chloe please talk to me, I wanna help you" I brought my knees to my chest. "I seen how you looked at me before, you're disappointed" He sighed. "It's just, I broke the rules and you didn't even bother finishing the test. I could have gotten into serious trouble and you just threw that away like it was nothing" I frowned. "I did finish the test" I sulked and I could tell Billie Joe was getting annoyed with me and my bitterness. "Listen Chloe, just come off the roof? Please?" I simply turned my body away from him. "Chloe, please" He pleaded and I looked at him for a brief moment before I lashed out. "No! You've never actually believed in me! So leave me the hell alone! I hate you!" I said and sat back down again and started crying. All this because he was disappointed in me, it wouldn't normally bother me so why did this bother me? He was just like any other teacher, why was I so goddamn upset about it?

"Chloe, if you don't come down you might fall" I scoffed. "So fuck. See if I care" I said and he moved closer to me. God, the lion, the witch and the audacity of this bitch was a nice phrase to say how I felt right now. "Don't you dare come any closer or I'll kill you" I threatened. I wouldn't really kill him, I just didn't want him near me right now. "Chloe, please. I can't handle this much longer" He said, his voice trailing off. "Just get down and leave me alone then. It's that simple" I said, hugging my legs close against my chest again.

Suddenly, the sky lit up and thunder rumbled and without even thinking, I jumped into Billie's arms. I cleared my throat and stood up, as did Billie. He smiled sympathetically at me and I sighed. Being sat up here wasn't an option I guess. We both slid carefully down the pipe and walked back into the school and the other teachers were amazed at how he got me down and truth be told, I don't know how he did either.