Chapter Seven

~Chloe's POV~

Life, what is the meaning exactly? Why do we live just to suffer? Why must we live anyways? It's just a big circle of pain, loss and grief. As of now, I'm laying on my bedroom floor, stoned off of my face, being confused about the meaning of life. I didn't smoke weed often, only when something was bothering me. Only, I didn't know what was bothering me this time, I just wanted to get high. My parents hated it when I smoked but tough shit, it was just my life I was ruining, not theirs. Tonight, I had a dream. Not just any dream though, I had a dream about Billie Joe. Maybe that was the reason I was stoned, I was scared and didn't know exactly what it meant and I was trying to find reason behind it. Maybe it was just the events of the day mixed with everything I was feeling right now.

Whatever is was, I was still scared, confused and dazed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chloe, please pay attention" Billie Joe scolded, back to Mr pissface or as I like to call it 'Teacher mode'. "Chloe" He repeated. What was worse was that this wasn't even music! He was covering my stinking Biology class! Do you know how awkward that was? Him talking about the birds and the bees? I wanted to put nails in my ears, him saying words like 'menstruation' and 'menstrual cycle' just wasn't very pleasing, it was almost disturbing.

"Hey cheater! Watch out!" I looked behind me and next minute, I was holding my nose after having a pen thrown directly at it. "Fuck!" I shouted and Billie Joe walked over to me. "Alright, who threw the pen?" He asked, quite angry considering it was me. Everyone pointed to Alicia and I sighed as Billie lead me towards the door. "When I get back I want to talk to you Ms Nelson" He said, slamming the door. "You alright?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow. "Yes, I'm dancing on fucking rainbows" I said sarcastically and sighed. "Sorry, I'm just in pain and I get sarcastic when I'm in pain" He sighed but a small smile made it's way onto his face as we got to the medical room.

I sat on the comfy chair and he got be some tissues. "Here, put your head back. It'll stop the bleeding" He said, a gentle tone to his voice that made me feel kind of safe. He gently dabbed my nose with the tissue. It stung so I scrunched my nose up a bit and he chuckled slightly. "I know it stings but if you scrunch your nose, it'll just make it worse" I sighed in defeat and he smiled. "That's better" He said and continued what he was doing. "I'm gonna kill Alicia" I said, annoyed and angered at the fucker. "Now, I think we all do but please refrain from it" He said, a light, soft tone being added to his normal slightly raspy voice.

"Why? All I need is to pull her hair, or I suppose I could throw a rock at her maybe" I said and he laughed, a laugh I'd never heard from him or seen him laugh before.

"You okay there? You need some water or something?" I said as he calmed down. "Sorry, I don't know why I found it so funny" I smirked playfully. "That's because I am funny, when you get to know my good side. I'm not all bad grades and smoking dope y'know" He gave me a slight, sympathetic smile. "People really think that? They don't even get to try to know this you?" He asked, obviously actually interested and curious. "Don't know. They just don't" I shrugged and he sighed in defeat, knowing even I didn't have the answer.

"Y'know, you're not a bad kid when you're not trying to show off to anyone" He said, passing me some water, to which I accepted almost instantly, and sat down himself. "Thanks. I guess you're not too bad when you're not being a teacher" He chuckled just a tad. "It's my job to be a teacher though" I smiled.

It was true, it was his job to be a teacher, I couldn't change that. He was okay when he wasn't being a teacher though, I knew I could trust him unlike any other teacher, though I just didn't know why.