Chapter Nineteen

~Chloe's POV~

My eyes fluttered open slowly and I nearly jumped half a mile when I seen Billie, still asleep, next to me but it turned into a smile as I remembered where I was. I seen his eyes open, slower than mine did. "Morning" I said, a lot more upbeat than most mornings. "Morning angel" He said, trying to soften his slightly raspy morning voice but only making his voice more quiet. "How'd you sleep?" He asked me, pulling me close to him which caused me to sigh with content. "Actually quite good, considering I wasn't in my own bed" I responded and he smiled at me, before putting hand on my stomach, which certainly took me by surprise but it was welcome. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my divorce" He said, breaking the comfortable silence, to which I just smiled softly at him. "It's okay, just don't beat yourself up about it okay?" He chuckled and nodded, which was followed by his softest smile. "Note taken" He replied, just before placing a kiss on my forehead.

"You want anything to eat?" He asked, pulling away just slightly to look at me. "You? Cook? Pfft, like that's gonna happen" I said and he chuckled. "You don't think I can make anything? Chlo, I've been living in my own house for the past twelve years and on my own for the past two. Surely if I couldn't make my own food, I'd likely have had food poisoning by now?" he replied and I smiled in return. "Fair enough. What can you make?" I responed and he shrugged. "I can make pancakes, waffles, toast" I thought for just a minute, thinking about it. "Can you make blueberry pancakes?" I asked and he nodded. "Yup, if you want them I can make them" I smiled. "I think I love you even more" He smiled back at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made my way downstairs and Billie was just plating up the pancakes. "You want some juice? Or water?" He asked while grabbing a glass from the cupboard as I sat down at the kitchen island. "Just water is fine" I replied and he nodded and got me some. He passed it to me and I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday soon rolled around and we had to go back to normal. I was on my way to the toilets at lunch when I heard talking from inside Mr Pritchard's office. I snuck past and hid behind the wall.

"Listen Beej, if I didn't know better I'd say you're going through a midlife crisis" I heard someone say and I heard Billie laugh it off. "Mike, I'm 32" He replied and I heard, who I presumed to be Mike, sigh. "Billie, she's 17! She's like, half your age" Mike said, sounding shocked, surprised and honestly a little pissed. "Shhh! Someone will hear you!" Billie exclaimed and I had to bite my lip to stop my breathing from being heard from outside his class. "Billie, it's an abuse of your power. You've got to end it with her. Today" I felt my heart skip a beat and a small gasp left my mouth and my eyes widened. "Did you hear that?" Billie said and I ran into the toilets, that were just opposite, and hid in there. "Just end it with her alright?" I briefly heard and ran my hand through my hair.

Was it an abuse of his power if I actually did love him? I was so confused now, this really was a bad idea but sue me, I wanted him more than words could even begin to explain but it all seemed a blur now. Did I even want this baby anymore? Would it be best if maybe I did miscarry, like I knew my parents wanted me to do? Did I want to even be with him? I loved him so goddamn much but I was his student! I began to see how fucked up this was.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I took it out and seen a message and sighed.

Billie Joe: Meet me in the parking lot in five

I knew exactly what was happening and it started to eat away at my heart, like a monster would on it's prey, I needed Billie in my life I was shit all without him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I seen him looking at the floor and I cleared my throat. "Chloe" He said with a smile and I simply sighed. "Listen, I know why you wanted me here and I understand. This was never gonna work and I'm completely fine with it" I said, sadly and he tilted his head. "What are you on about?" He asked, obviously confused. "What Mike said? That this is an abuse of your power and you had to end it with me?" He chuckled. "Angel, do you really think I'd ever listen to anybody? I love you, you love me too right?" I nodded and he smiled. "Then how is it an abuse of my power? It's not as if I'm giving you better grades or anything am I?" I shrugged. "I guess not" I replied, a small smile making it's way onto my face. "I was just gonna ask if you wanted to go away somewhere for your birthday next month? I mean, it is your eighteenth" My smile grew wider and I nodded. "Yeah, of course!" I replied, happily.

"Great! Well, lunch is over so we should probably both get back. What do you have?" He asked as we began making our way back to school. "Biology I think" He smiled. "Still doing about the wonders of the female reproductive system and how it tortures you?" I laughed. "Sadly yes. As if we don't even know how it works" I said, pointing at my stomach and Billie laughed in return. "You're so goofy" I shrugged. "It comes naturally darling" I said, flicking my hair back and Billie looked as if he was biting back a cocky reply while trying not to laugh even harder. "What? Can't handle the sass?" I smirked and he grabbed my hand gently and pulled me closer to him. "Chloe, I have to work with Gerard on a daily basis, I'm sure I can handle your sass" I smiled. "Damn, thought I'd drive you mad" I said, this caused Billie to laugh even more.

"Drive me mad? Chloe, baby, I have to teach hormone filled 9th graders that talk about how big their dicks and tits are to one another, I don't think I could possibly be driven more mad. I'm already losing valuable brain cells because of them" He told me and I snorted and laughed. I had to kneel down to prevent pissing myself. I have to admit though, he was right about the 9th graders. I'd overheard some of the girls one time in the toilets saying things like 'god, I wish my boobs were as big as yours' and that alone made me lose ten brain cells.