Chapter Thirteen

~Chloe's POV~

I didn't talk to Billie for ages after that time in the back of his car. I guessed he just wanted in someone's pants and I was the only one who was somewhat close to him that was a girl, but it hurt so much. I was used for a good fuck and then left on the curb with no explanation. I was starting to feel like I actually loved him. The only good thing about any of this was that me and Vicky made up and she understood.

I seen him a few times in lesson but that was it, he would never acknowledge me like he used to. He didn't even tell me to pay attention anymore, it was weird. I never stayed to ask him why or if it just got to awkward because well, why should I? Was it my place? No, he might have had issues at home? I didn't wanna make it worse, maybe someone found out? All these were excuses for my terrible courage really, I was covering it up by telling myself all of this garbage.

I spent most of the day in bed. I'd told my mom I was sick and she actually believed me which was unexpected, but welcoming to say the least. I had allowed my heart to be the downfall of me once again, it's funny though isn't it? Something that is supposed to keep you alive, it hurts you and breaks you. Who knew that the school bad kid could be broken, beaten down and feel as if she'd fallen from the twelfth story of the world? I certainly didn't. It scared me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day, the day when I finally confronted my demons, aka, why Billie was ignoring me. I had waited till the rest of class left before walking to the front when the door was closed and he just looked to the floor and I took a deep breath. "Billie, Please say something. Anything at all. Just don't ignore me. Please" I pleaded and he turned around and looked me in the eye. "I love you" My eyes widened and I took a step back. "You what?" I asked in shock. "I love you, I know I shouldn't but I do" He told me and sighed. "I'm sorry, this is probably so weird" I shook my head. "No, it isn't because well, I love you too" His eyes lit up. "Really?" I nodded and gave him the softest smile I'd ever smiled and kissed him to prove a point. My hand ran through his hair and he put his hands on my waist. I pulled away and he smiled. "I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. I shouldn't have done that" I nodded in agreement. "That was a pretty dick move" I replied and he chuckled nervously.

"Yeah" I laughed a bit but then had to stop due to the possibility of me throwing up my lunch. "You alright?" Billie asked and I shrugged. "Dunno, I just feel sick all of a sudden. It's fine" His eyes widened slightly. "How long have you been feeling sick?" I shrugged again. "About like, a few weeks off and on I guess" He bit his lip and I tilted my head. "What?" I asked and he took a deep breath. "Were you on the pill or anything when we uh, y'know?" I shrugged once again. "Don't think so. Why?" I asked and then realised why he asked. "But I wasn't in my fertile window and you pulled out, I doubt I actually am" I said, a slight uneasiness to my voice. Billie sensed and shrugged. "It's a possibility. Maybe you should get a test in the morning" That's when the realisation hit me and I put my hand over my mouth to stop me screaming with fear. Way to go Chloe, possibly pregnant at seventeen with your teacher's baby, I think you've outdone yourself this time I thought to myself. "Chlo? You alright?" I shook my head and started crying, which he wrapped his arms around me in return. "Hey, you're alright. No matter what, I'll be right here okay?" I nodded and he planted a quick kiss on my head.

I knew this wouldn't end well if I was pregnant. What about my parents? What about Vicky? She'd get it out of me who the father was and then goodbye my social life. "I should probably go, Vicky's waiting for me in the yard" He smiled and nodded. "You'll be alright. I promise" I sighed. "Don't make a promise you can't keep" I said before kissing him goodbye on the cheek and walking out. I prayed to god that he was right, that I would be okay and this was all just my body tricking me.