Chapter Twenty Two

Warning for miscarriage (I'm so sorry)

~Chloe's POV~

I woke up with a terrible cramping feeling in my stomach. I knew it wasn't good, back cramps? Yes, stomach cramps? Not so great. I sat up and felt a sort of liquid come out of me and I knew immediately what had happened. I pulled the duvet off of me and sure enough, there was a bit of blood on the sheets. I shook Billie gently and he slowly sat up and opened his eyes, which widened when he saw what had happened. "Oh my god" He said and I started crying suddenly. "We need to get you cleaned up" Billie said softly, helping me up as I calmed down a bit.

I heard him sniffle a couple of times as we made our way to the bathroom. "Can you help? It hurts to bend down" I asked, quietly and he nodded. "Yeah" He replied, wiping a stray tear from his cheek. He gently sat me down on the bath and sighed as he got some towels. "I'm sorry" I said, crying again and Billie just wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek. "You don't have to be sorry for anything, okay?" He whispered in my ear and I nodded.

He cleaned me up and we went into the living room and Billie made me a hot chocolate and some pancakes. He gave me one of his hoodies and some of his sweatpants. "Here, I wasn't sure if you wanted marshmallows but I put them in anyways" He said, passing me the mug of hot chocolate and a small, brief smile appeared on my face before I took a sip. "I want you to know that I don't blame you for anything, please don't blame yourself" I had to bite back a sniffle before I replied. "But Billie, I can't even grow a baby properly, how can you expect me to not blame myself? She was my responsibility and I've fucked that up too" I said, tearing up again. "No, you haven't Chloe" He replied, pulling me close to him. His hand went to my stomach and he layed it there for a while. "My dad'll look after her, she'll be okay" He said and we both started crying again. I only carried her for a while but, I know that I'll forever carry her in my heart.

"Can we just go home? I-I need my mom" He nodded. "Of course, we'll set off soon okay?" I nodded and he kissed my head. I just remember closing my eyes and I must have fell asleep or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kissed Billie Joe and got out of his car. "Bye. I love you" He smiled softly. "I love you too, I'll see you around." He replied and I gently closed the door and started walking off towards my house. My mom was waiting for me and I ran towards her and she and my dad hugged me tightly. "Come on love, you need your rest" She said softly and she took me into the house.

~Billie's POV~

I pulled up at the police station, ready to hand myself in. Mike had threatened to go himself if I didn't do this. I loved Chloe but he was right, she was my student and it wasn't okay. I took a deep breath as I walked in. The cop at the front desk smiled and I ran my hand through my hair. "Hello, can I help you?" I nodded and sighed. "I'd uh, I'd like to hand myself in I guess" I said, unsure of what else to say.

"Forgive me sir, but, you don't match anybody that is being investigated" I took another deep breath. "That's because nobody's told you. I've been uh, having an affair with my student" I muttered and her eyes widened. "Right, okay. Could you give me the name of your student, school and principal please?" I sighed and told her. Let's just say I spent most of that day inside a cell while they tried to track down Chloe. This was so hard for me to do and it broke me but it was better than us getting found out.