Chapter Twenty Three

~Chloe's POV~

I layed in bed, looking at the only two scan photos I ever got of my little girl. "Chloe, sweetheart, do you want anything to eat?" My mom asked, carefully walking into my room. I shook my head and she sat on the end of my bed. "Why don't you go for a walk with Vicky? She's back now" I brought my legs up to my chest. "I'm sorry I lied to you mom, I-" She smiled and pulled me into a hug. "Oh darling, it's okay. I've lied to your gran before" I managed to laugh a bit and mom kissed my forehead. "Get yourself out love, it might help with the cramps" I sniffled and nodded. She gave me a quick tight squeeze and left me to get changed.

(Her outfit)

(Her outfit)

I threw on a hoodie and some sweatpants. Vicky was already on her way down. I walked downstairs and out of the door to go and meet her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, how you feeling?" Vicky asked as she gave me a quick hug. "Like crap. I feel so useless yknow?" I said and a sympathetic smile appeared on her face. "Come on, I know a place where we can go talk. I can see somethings bothering you" I sighed. "You're just like him" I huffed and my eyes found themselves going wide as I realised what I'd said. "Who?" I cleared my throat. "Oh uh, nobody" She looked at me, unsure. "Okay" She replied and I sighed. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I took it out and read the message.

Momma: Get home now, we need to talk x

I bit my lip. "I'm so sorry, I gotta go back. Somethings come up" She nodded and I set off back home, not knowing what I was going home too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I panicked when I seen a police car in front of my house. I opened the door and my mom just looked at me. "Ah, there you are Miss Stewart. I'm here to ask you some questions, is that okay?" I nodded and sat down on the couch. "About two weeks ago, we had someone come in, saying he had an affair with his student. His name was Armstrong. Does that ring a bell?" I gulped and nodded slightly. The officer wrote something down. "Do you agree with the affair part of the story?" I looked at my mom in shame and nodded and she sighed.

"Did this affair go on for long?" I bit my lip before answering. "About seven months" I replied and started biting my nails. "Was it consensual on both sides?" I nodded. "Okay. Did he ever do anything that you didn't want him to?" I shook my head. "No, he always made sure I was okay with it" I said and she nodded. "Alright, we may ask you to come in and help with the case but for now we're done. We'll keep you updated" She told me, walking towards my door and opening it.

After they went, we sat in absolute silence, not a word could be said. "I just need to know this Chloe, was he the father?" I could only nod and my mom gasped. "Chloe! He was your teacher! What were you thinking?!" She exclaimed and I wiped a few stray tears away. "I-I loved him mom" She groaned. "Chloe! You can't love him! He. Was. Your. Teacher!" I stood up and frowned. "Why is your love okay but as soon as this happens it's fucking wrong?! I can't fucking decide who I love! Can I?!" My mom also stood up. "Watch your language in this house!" I frowned and stormed to the door. "No! Fuck off!" I shouted and slammed the door.

Did I know where I was going? No. Did I care? Fuck. No.