Chapter Twenty

~Chloe's POV~

I walked into Biology and my teacher, Mr Pritchard in fact, sighed. "Why are we late this time Chloe?" I shuffled my feet. "I was talking with Mr Armstrong" I muttered and he pointed to my seat that was next to Vicky and I sat down. "Why were you talking to Mr Armstrong?" Vicky asked and I shrugged. "I just want some advice if they let me retake the test is all" She just looked at me. "Since when have you been bothered about how you do in a test?" She asked and I shrugged again. "I just don't want my baby having a mom that can't even pass a simple music test is all" I lied, I couldn't tell her that I wanted to do well for Billie so that his efforts weren't wasted on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School soon ended and it was time for me to retreat to my warm bed and watch tv for the rest of the day, well, at least until I got bored or until Vicky dragged me out of my 'lair' and into the world. "So, you actually walking home today?" Vicky asked and I simply shook my head. "My uh, my uncle is picking me up" I said although, it came out more as a question than an answer, likely because it was actually Billie who was taking me home. "Oh well, I'll see you later yeah?" I nodded and she smiled and went to walk with her sister. I carefully made my way round to the back where I seen Billie in his car. I walked over and he leaned over and opened my door for me. "Thanks" I smiled and he returned it almost instantly. "So, you actually gonna murder me this time?" I asked as I got in and closed the door and he chuckled. "Maybe, haven't decided yet" He replied sarcastically and I laughed. "I am however kidnapping you and taking you to my favorite place in Oakland, I think you'll love it, or at least hope you will" I couldn't help but grin.

"Oh, you're kidnapping me instead? Gotcha" I said and he laughed. "Yup" He said, a soft smile appearing on his face. "Right, okay" I replied, the smile spreading to me as I looked out of the window as we set off. As time went on, my eyes scanned the car for any signs of anything interesting and they landed on what appeared to be a CD in the side pocket of the door. I looked at Billie briefly, his eyes fixed on the road and only breaking to look in the mirror, and I picked it up. I examined the case, it had a few scratches and scuffs on the front. The front print consisted of a plain white background with a girl to go with it. She was wearing a t-shirt with what appeared to be a flower on it and she had a gun in her hand. The group seemed to be called 'Green Day' and the album name, I'm guessing, was 'Kerplunk'.

"Whatcha lookin at?" Billie Joe asked, startling me slighty and this caused him to chuckle slightly. "Oh uh, just this CD" I replied and he quickly looked to me and back to the road. "Put it on if you like" He said, a slight smirk showing on his face. I carefully took it out of the case and placed it in the CD player in the radio. As the first song came on, Billie started to tap the beat on the steering wheel. He began to sing around halfway through the first song and my eyes widened. It didn't take me long to realise that he was the one singing on the original song. "Wait, is this your band?" I asked, already probably knowing the answer. He nodded in response and I looked at him in slight confusion. "Why did you stop? You guys were great" I said and he sighed in return. "It wasn't really getting us anywhere, we had to get proper jobs and I'd already been accepted into College for this teaching course" He replied as we pulled up in this car park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter, I have a longer one planned and it's like half written and shit gets real in that one so uh yeah, be prepared I guess?