Chapter Six

~Chloe's POV~

3pm on Wednesday rolled around pretty quickly and I was on my way to the Library to start my tutoring, I was pretty nervous if I'm honest. Just the thought of seeing Billie Joe as well, Billie Joe, and not Mr Armstrong was gonna be weird. I kinda felt excited about it though, I didn't need to worry about him shouting at me, didn't need to worry about him believing other students over me because it would just be me and him.

I reached the door and took a deep breath as I walked in, I immediately spotted the shaggy haired man I was here for. Seriously, he needs a brush or something it's ridiculous, anyways, I walked over to him and sat opposite him. "Hey" I said as I did, he smiled. "Hey, you brought your books?" He said, his Californian accent showing through slightly. I slipped my bag off of my shoulders and grabbed a couple of my study books out of it and placed them on the space in front of me. "Thank god, last time I ever tutored someone, he kept forgetting his books" I smiled and opened one of them. "You've tutored before?" I asked and he nodded, a smile accompanied his nod and as bad as this sounds, it was sorta cute. It wasn't I liked him cute, more like well, puppy cute. "Yeah, this boy from Berkeley. He was stupid as hell and thought he owned the place. Sorta like you but you're not stupid, at least I don't think you are" He joked and I gave him a quick kick underneath the table. "Ow!" He exclaimed and pouted like a big baby. "Aww, poor you" I said, voice full of sass as usual.

"Honey, I'd get rid of the sass before you say the wrong thing to the wrong person" He retaliated, trying to be sassier but sounding like a fool to which I burst out laughing, and so did he. "Shush! People are trying to read!" Someone told us and we had to bite our lips to stop us from laughing. "Why don't we go somewhere we can laugh?" He said and I shuffled my feet. "I don't know sir, I mean, what would people think?" He shrugged. "Not much because we have books, paper, y'know, the usual teaching stuff" I sighed. "There's a coffee shop down the road we could go to I suppose" I replied and he smiled. "There's the Chloe I teach" I rolled my eyes. "Say that again and I'll kill you" He laughed as he grabbed his phone and I grabbed my bag and put it on my shoulders as we walked off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here's your fudge cake" The waitress said, passing me a small slice of cake and I smile. "And here's your coffee" She said, passing a cup of coffee to Billie Joe as I took a bite from my cake. "How the fuck do you eat that crap?" He said as I happily continued to eat it. "Because it's not crap, it's nice" I argued. "Pfft, it's disgusting" I raised an eyebrow. "Oh shut up, you haven't lived until you've had some fudge cake" I said, flicking a crumb to him and he chuckled. "I'm good thanks. So, did the tutor do his job right? Did you learn anything?" I nodded.

"I learnt that you're an asshole" He laughed and gave me a smile. "Why thank you" He said before taking a sip of his coffee and I laughed. "Nah, I have actually. You were helpful for once instead of believing I cheated on a test" He rolled his eyes. "I didn't believe her, Alicia's a spoilt little princess that thinks the world revolves around her" He said and I smiled. "I think we're going to get along just fine" I said and he chuckled. "Ditto" He replied and took another sip of his coffee.

I enjoyed that day, a lot. I learned that Billie wasn't as bad as I thought, he was making his way into my good books. I liked it when it was just me an him, I learned a lot more and that was sure to come in handy. In fact, I wanted to learn when it was just me and him and I don't know why but I just did.