Chapter 11

"Morning guys." False yawned, walking past Doc and Mumbo. The two glanced at each other, it seemed they were waiting for the other to say something.

"Good morning???" She repeated, confused.

"Oh, uh, morning." Doc chuckled, glancing at False for a second before looking away. Mumbo just gave a weak smile.

They were acting off and it was obvious, like did they even try to hide it? False spun around, confused, only to see Doc and Mumbo walking past Stress and waving a good morning, this time like usual.

"Umm, okay..."

False slid down the hallway and into the kitchen, where X and Ren were playing darts.

"Morning." She said, grabbing a mug from the counter.

"Howdy!"

"Hey."

Things quieted down as soon as she got there. False sipped her coffee while watching X rage quit, Ren laugh at him, and the two escalate into a foolish argument. In attempts to break it up, False brought out a random topic.

"Have y'all noticed Mumbo and Doc? They're acting weird, they couldn't even wave me a good morning normally." She casually spoke up, sipping her coffee like what she said was no big deal.

Xisuma stopped and faced her, while Ren continued playing darts.

"Maybe it's just a bad mood?" The admin suggested. "You know how grumpy they can be in the morning."

"Probably, yeah, but they're talking to everyone else like normal."

Ren kept quiet. He knew everything.

"Are... they suspicious of me?" False spoke up out of the blue, catching Ren off guard. "Do you guys think I'm the murderer?"

Ren and Xisuma looked at each other, then at False.

"Be honest."

Ren opened his mouth to talk but nothing came out.

"Well..."

...was all he could get out.

"We can't trust anyone, y'know." X chuckled, but it was obvious he only said that to change the subject. If he didn't actually suspect False, he would've said so, right?

"Wait, what?" False muttered in shock. She hadn't expected them to actually suspect her. "You actually..."

"That's fine." False sighed. Inside, it wasn't so fine. Her own friends thought she would be evil enough to commit murder.

That's when it hit her.

Mumbo was making sure she didn't help with making food, like the previous day.

"Hey y'all, do you need any help?"

"No no it's fine, we're almost done anyway."

"Oh okay."

Despite there still being a lot left to do, he still said that.

It all made sense now.

It also made sense how the day before, when Doc, Mumbo, False, and Cleo were playing Uno and Tango announced that the pie was ready, Doc made sure everyone left before False and he stayed behind so she couldn't kill them when no one was looking. Because usually he'd be the first one out. Blame Tango for making amazing pies.

Yeah, they thought she was the murderer.

False had taken note of X's behaviour as well. In the morning, when she entered the kitchen, he seemed to quiet down and stop laughing with Ren. It was obvious he and Ren were suspicious of her, plus their words said everything.

Meanwhile, Zedaph purposely slept in the room with four beds to avoid his main suspect, who knows who it was. No, it wasn't Tango, he slept in the same room as Zed. But that didn't mean they didn't always argue, too bad Impulse wasn't there to calm things down.

Keralis had other things to worry about. Bdubs had a fair idea of who the murderer could be, yet kept quiet. Scar, however, couldn't even grasp the fact that there was a traitor among them.

Tango and Cleo had the same suspect in mind, and Stress. She had her eyes on someone else.

And finally, False. Like Scar, she didn't really have anyone in mind. She didn't let go of the theory that they could just have a stalker, however. But if the killer was actually among them, the question was, why?

False didn't know why she was even being suspected, she wasn't acting off or anything, at least that's what she thought. Instead of focusing on who the murderer could be, False was dedicated on clearing her name first.

"Guys, come here! We're gonna vote on an activityyy!" Cleo yelled from outside the cabin, startling mostly everyone. "Y'all can't be in a bad mood forever!"

"Raise your hand if you wanna go fishing!" Cleo called out, counting three.

"And raise your hand if you wanna go swimming," said Stress, counting a total of five, which meant they were going swimming.

"Ughh, how do you ALWAYS win?" Cleo groaned as the rest cheered.

━━━━━━━━━━━

A fair two hours later

"Who wants a kool aid?" Ren shouted, waving his hands in the air. "Hey Keralis, can you wake up Scar? He's probably gonna get sunburnt from sleeping out here."

"Sure."

Keralis walked over to the table where Scar fell asleep, and began tapping him gently and repeating in a low voice, "Sweetface, wake up!"

"Scar??"

"Scarrrrr, wake up!"

"You're gonna get sunburnt, wake up!"

"SCAR!!!!"

Even after yelling directly into his ear, Scar didn't even move an inch.

"Uhh, Ren? He isn't waking up..."

"Here, lemme try," said Ren, walking over to prove Keralis wrong.

"SCAR?! WAKE UP!"

No answer.

"Move aside, watch how it's done." Zedaph announced, pushing Ren out of the way elegantly.

"SSCCAAARRRRR! WAKE UP!"

No response.

The three felt pretty hopeless as no one could get him to wake up.

"Maybe he had sleeping pills or something?" Zed suggested.

"Eh, I don't think so..." Keralis shrugged. "He never had them before, why would he now?"

Meanwhile, Ren had an idea of what might've happened, but wanted to rule it out. So he put his hand on Scar's chest and waited, but didn't feel anything.

Scar wasn't breathing.

Keralis could tell something was wrong by the look on Ren's face, so he waited for an explanation as Zedaph was squirting multiple kool aids in one cup, unaware what was going on around him.

Ren glanced at the two, simply shaking his head.