Chapter 19

10:30 PM

"It's okay Tango, it's not your fault..." Bdubs whispered, ruffling his friend's wavy hair.

"I-It is my fault, I killed him..." Tango wept, rubbing his teary eyes. "They all hate me now!"

Bdubs sighed, shaking his head before he could fall asleep. "They don't hate you, they're just in a bad mood with everything that's been going on."

He stroked Tango's hair to get him to calm down, and soon, he fell asleep. Bdubs was beyond exhausted and got up to get ready for bed.

Before that, he went and made sure the front and back doors were locked, and they sure were. He checked the bedrooms his fellow hermits were sleeping in, which were as well locked. It was clear they didn't want Tango or Bdubs near them after what happened to Keralis.

He surprisingly didn't blame them.

Bdubs placed a sleeping bag next to the bed Tango was sleeping in. He tried to go to sleep, but for some reason, couldn't. Mainly because he was stressing out about everything that's been going on.

The sound of a door opening from the hallway caused Bdubs to snap out of his thoughts. The sound seemed to be coming from one of the bedrooms, then another door opened which he recognized as the bathroom door from the loud creaks.

A few minutes later, Bdubs set his thoughts aside and let his eyelids slide shut.

"Six down, nine more to go."