Chapter 14

False yawned, grabbing her old-fashioned alarm clock.

It was 8:30 am.

She looked around the room, where only Bdubs, Doc, and Ren were still asleep. She got up and stumbled through the hallway.

The blonde noticed Zedaph and Tango chatting by the window, and Keralis walking out the door. Peeking through the windows, she saw Stress and Cleo climbing a tall tree, followed by a loud thump.

False could also hear talking, and followed the sound which led her to a room. Opening it slowly, she saw Xisuma and Mumbo, who stopped their conversation and turned to her. False left the room and purposely left the door open.

All she could think about was the previous day and how the tables have turned so quickly. She was suspected just yesterday by a few people, but now they all think it's Keralis.

Or so she thought.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Mumbo grabbed a baseball bat and began spinning it around.

"Do you actually think Keralis is the one we're looking for?" He asked, keeping his voice low. "He could still be innocent, y'know."

"That's the thing, if he were the murderer, I would've read him by now and figured it out, I know when he's lying." Xisuma explained while making his bed. "When he's lying, he tries to explain. But when he isn't he doesn't know what to say or how to react."

"Woah, you sure do know a lot about him." Mumbo chuckled. "So, what's your gut telling you?"

"Keralis may be playing me, but I'm certain he's innocent."

The two were interrupted by Tango calling the two in for breakfast. Xisuma opened the door as Mumbo followed. They chatted on their way to the living room and took a seat, where the daily Animal Crossing music was playing as the hermits vibed to it. Of course, with the exception of a certain person hating it.

Mumbo.

He grabbed X's phone in annoyance, only to find he had downloaded a 10 hour video of the music.

"wHY DID YOU DOWNLOAD TEN HOURS OF THIS STUFF?!" Mumbo screeched.

"It was annoying having to repeat it every hour ok-"

He exited the app and set the phone on the counter as everyone groaned.

"C'mon, we just wanna li-" Xisuma complained, getting cut off by a loud thump.

"What was that?" Cleo asked.

"Seems like it came from one of the bedrooms." Stress stated, quietly snatching X's phone from the counter and resuming the music.

"Who's gonna go check it out?" Zedaph asked, believing he was ruled out to go.

That's... what he thought.

"You." said Cleo.

"You." False added.

"You." Tango joined in.

"You." said Mumbo proudly.

"You." Stress giggled.

"You." Xisuma announced, finishing things off.

Zed sat there, utterly speechless to what in the heck just happened.

Without another word, he got up from his wooden chair and walked through the hallway, stopping at the final door. The boy in the brown leather jacket grasped the doorknob and slowly pushed it open.