Chapter 46

"We're here! fiNaLLY!"

Stress awoke to a halt of the vehicle. As she adjusted to the sunlight, she noticed Iskall tugging on her sweater.

"Wake up, silly, we're here!"

"Ugh, five more mi-"

Iskall dragged her out and fled before she could attack him.

Stress decided not to chase him, but instead pay attention to her surroundings. To how well she recognized the scenery, it was still beautiful as ever, but two things were missing; the fresh experience, and the excitement. Without those, it was just another forest, another campsite.

And before she could stop herself, Stress questioned it like she didn't already know the answer.

"Why does this feel so.. familiar?"

Someone giggled from behind her.

"DÉJÀ VU! I'VE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE-"

Stress couldn't help but chuckle at Ren. His humour hadn't changed at all.

Everyone else was so excited as they hadn't had a get together in a while, plus the environment of the campsite was in good condition, False had done a good job finding a suitable vacation spot. Too bad for them it was too far away to call for help.

Stress knew what was going to happen. If the dream was presumably a reality, then Cub would have to be the first one gone.

But aside from that, the night was approaching and last time, the hermits just barely set the tents up in time, which was a mistake Stress wasn't going to let happen again.

She looked over at Iskall and Mumbo, who were struggling to set a tent up, while Doc and Grian were trying to read the instructions that were written in Spanish. And that's when Grian, after a long argument, found out Doc was fluent in german, not spanish.

Stress headed to the car where she took out a toolbox and the rest of the tents. She sat beside Iskall and watched as he tried to make the tent stand up over and over again.

It was quality content but there was no time to fool around. Stress managed to help Iskall, dependent on memory only. The two soon got into another argument without much reason, as they had a love-hate relationship like typical siblings.

Well, Stress ended up abandoning Iskall with a half-set up tent and joined Mumbo instead.

Meanwhile, Impulse, Zedaph, and Tango went to unpack their stuff and also snack on marshmallows, while Scar began with dinner. As he was the one cooking, he decided they were going to have hotdogs, which is how the who-knows-how-many packs of hotdogs ran out in the first hour.

Bdubs, Xisuma, and Keralis were just wandering the area, and eventually found themselves in the woods. Being the person he is, Bdubs began picking berries and tasting them, only to find out half of the ones he picked were poisonous. Panic ensued.

Well, he ended up chasing the other two out of the forest after being told it was just a prank. Bdubs wasn't alone in the forest, as Cleo was long gone inside not long after they arrived at the campsite.

There was a lot of unpacking to do. False, Ren, and Cub started with that. Cub was assigned with the job of unloading the luggage, which were really heavy and it would be tricky to do alone, but everyone was either helping out or out of sight, somewhere lost within the woods. Too bad for him.

Cub sighed and headed to the car, where the trunk was already opened. He picked out the first in sight, a light, brown suitcase. As the tents weren't set up yet, he decided to throw the luggage onto the nearest picnic table.

He continued with this until he came across- a backpack? He stopped for a moment, wondering why anyone would bring a small, old backpack to a vacation.

Cub recognized it to be Stress' by the galaxy design, she used to bring it on events such as picnics and long boat rides.

Shrugging it off, he grabbed it before tightening his grip after realizing how heavy it actually was. He carried it to the picnic table and plopped it down. The amount of items inside made the bag slightly tip over, but it was enough to make the entire thing fall over onto the dirt.

A few sweaters spilled out as the first zipper was slightly opened. Cub grabbed them and was returning them to the bag when he felt something.. odd.

Wrapped under a sweater, he could feel something hard, he could see the outline of it through the cloth. That's when he noticed part of it was sticking out, a small, blue handle.

Cub's curiosity took over. He paused to glance around at his surroundings, just in case someone was watching, but everyone was busy. He grasped the handle and pulled it out.

His eyes widened as he made out the object; a gun.