Chapter 3

Scar froze.

"What... what do you mean?"

"I'm sorry Scar..."

He took a second to process the information.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S DEAD?!" Scar screamed, shaking False for a second as tears slowly rolled down his cheeks, causing his eyes to become a light shade of red. "WHO KILLED HIM?!"

His mind swirled with questions, his emotions switching between confusion, anger, and pure sadness, all as he stared at False blankly. His facial expression didn't match his emotions inside, making what Scar did next a total surprise.

Without second thought or any hesitation, Scar spun around and stumbled into the forest, needing some alone time after being informed that one of his closest friends was killed.

I mean yes, he could've had some alone time in his tent rather than running into the forest, but in the moment, he didn't wanna believe what he had just heard and kind of just froze.

"Scar come back! We have to..." False attempted but it was too late. Scar had already run off deep into the forest. She sighed as she returned to the rest at the campfire.

"Who's gonna call him back?" False said, taking a pack of gum out and passing a piece to Bdubs.

"Uhh..."

The group began coming up with lame excuses. Obviously, nobody wanted to go, because what if they were killed, just like Cub, or attacked like Grian?

Nobody volunteered. But that was quickly changed.

"Fine, I'll go."

All eyes went to Ren, who had stood up.

"You sure? It's dangerous out there!" Tango yelled, jumping up and grabbing Ren's hand to stop him from going.

"Yeah! What if the murderer strikes again?" Keralis added.

"The what now?" Bdubs spoke up.

"The murderer, who else do you think killed Cub?" Keralis replied.

"Oh, yeah."

Ren stopped to consider if he should take the risk or not.

"Now that you say... umm, anyone wanna come with me?"

"If you're going, then I'm coming too." Doc spoke up, jumping up from behind Ren.

"I guess I'll go too, if we do find whoever killed Cub, we could fight them off together." Cleo shrugged, somehow already at the forest entrance.

"Grian, Iskall? You coming?" Mumbo whispered, but got two head shakes in response. "Fine, I'll go myself then."

"I'm coming too, dark and quiet forests are nice so why not?" said Impulse, letting go of Tango and standing up before he could argue. Zedaph knew Impulse wouldn't turn back from experience, so he didn't try to stop him. "I just realized that sounded really creepy so ignore what I said-"

The five waited for anyone else to join in, but nobody did. So Impulse, Mumbo, Cleo, Doc, and Ren headed into the forest without looking back, each holding a flashlight.

Ren decided they would find Scar much quicker if they split up into groups. Impulse and Cleo were much faster than anyone else in the group and always wandered away, so Ren paired them up so they could find Scar together quickly. Ren, Doc, and Mumbo were the second group, and they were a group of three because none of them could risk being alone with a murderer on the loose.

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Do you think they'll be okay?" Bdubs asked the current group he was with, who were all freaking out. Some were crying, others were trying to comfort everyone and calm them down, and the rest were still trying to comprehend all that happened previously.