Chapter 16

False stood behind Bdubs, patting the pan she was holding.

"C-c'mon False, we can talk this ou-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the blonde was charging at him with the frying pan. Bdubs let out a scream full of voice cracks, stumbling backwards until he slammed into the front door.

Ignoring everyone's laughter, Bdubs yeeted the front door open and ran into the forest, still screaming, with False not far behind him.

"Y'know, this could be a great time for False to murder Bdubs, or vice-versa." Doc chuckled, the laughter in the room fading away after what he said. "I mean, they're both sus after all."

"What?" Ren muttered out, clearly not liking Doc's humour.

"Tsk, it's just a joke."

"Uhm- aNywAys, when do you guys wanna go?" Stress interrupted, a few shrugging as Zedaph just pointed at the door, giggling. Stress looked over to see Tango and Cleo standing by the door, fully ready to go. Jackets, boots, everything. They were ready ready.

"C'mon guys, it's been an hour or something and you're still not ready?!" Tango, who was tying his shoelaces, shouted from the entrance. A faint chuckle was all Stress could get out.

After what Tango said, Doc left to one of the bedrooms and came out not long after with a bunch of stuff. He tossed each hermit a sweater along with a hat, and an extra pair of gloves for Ren.

Ren groaned, this meant he had to go now. Doc giggled in response.

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Ready to go everyone?" Stress announced, laughing at False and Bdubs who stumbled out of the cabin in a hurry.

"Hell yeah!"

"It's not like I wanted to come."

"Aw c'mon, you'll like it!"

"NoOOOoOO!"

"Y'all isn't this a bit dangerous-"

"Shush Mumbo, stop being a scaredy cat."

"What?! Am not!"

"Everyone. Shut. Up."

"YOU SHUT UP!"

"AHEM? I CAN BEAT YOU UP WITH THIS FRYING PAN RIGHT NOW."

"OH YEAH? TRY ME."

"HIYAAAA!"

"AHHH! I WAS JUST JOKING STOP-"

"Where are you guys going?"

A voice startled the group. They spun around to see Keralis standing there, smiling innocently. Something about it seemed off, though, there was definitely more emotions hidden beneath it.

Bdubs, annoyed, pointed backwards at the mountain. Keralis sighed, nodding. His smile faded. He turned around and began walking up to the cabin, only to be stopped halfway.

"Wanna join us?" The admin asked, smiling.

The hemits stared at him in confusion.

"What?! No, he's not coming!" Tango blurted out.

"Why not?" Xisuma asked innocently.

"We can't just bring him along, it's too dangerous!" Tango argued.

"C'mon, it's not fair," X whined, "He'll stay beside me the entire time, I promise."

Tango groaned, then glanced at Bdubs to see his nervous expression, as if he wanted to get out of the situation. Luckily for them, they didn't have to make the decision because Stress spoke up.