Chapter 7

"I don't get it! Who killed Impulse and WHY?!" Tango shouted, accepting a hug from Zedaph, who managed to calm himself down.

"We don't know Tango, but I promise you, we will catch this murderer." X stated.

"So, Impulse was poisoned?" Doc spoke up.

"He must've, why would he faint out of nowhere?!" Zedaph stammered, fidgeting with his pockets.

"How did he get poisoned though?" Cleo asked. She glanced over at who she was suspicious of. Keralis.

Everyone sort of paused there, exchanging stares. Stress and Grian peered at each other, suspicious of the other.

Doc, quite annoyed for some reason, chewed gum obnoxiously loudly. Bdubs had fallen asleep at the picnic table by now, and Ren was circling it. Keralis and X began chatting as Zedaph and False sat at a different picnic table in silence. Tango managed to calm down by this point and was visibly exhausted.

"Let's start from the beginning of the day, and work our way through what had happened." said Doc. The group nodded. "Around what time did you guys wake up?"

"How will that even help?!" Tango yelled, his complaint being ignored by mostly everyone.

"6 I believe..." Stress went first. "Don't look at me like that, I always wake up early. Well, that's actually not even that early."

"Around 7:30." said Scar, glancing at Mumbo. "I didn't wake up willingly though."

"Like 8 or something." Ren went next.

"I forgot, probably like 7." Tango rolled his eyes. "Weird because I couldn't sleep most of the night.."

"I dunno, right now whatever the time is!" Bdubs yelled, obviously grumpy after Keralis annoyed him until he woke up.

"Sorry, I didn't keep track of time." False shrugged. "I have no idea how y'all remember when you woke up."

"I.... was up at 9." Xisuma spoke slowly, squinting his eyes at False, who looked back at him in confusion.

"Grian and I woke up at the same time, around 9:30." said Mumbo. Grian nodded from beside him.

"8:33. Exactly." Keralis replied in a sort of professional way.

"7!" Cleo winked.

"Same." Zedaph shrugged, bored.

"I was up at 10 pm." Doc ended. " And we ate lunch at around 1pm...."

"Which means Keralis is the killer." Cleo suddenly spoke up, finger gunning at Keralis.

"What? Me?!"

"First of all, you were in charge of handing out the food to everyone, so you must've slipped some poison into Impulse's plate." Cleo began. "Second, you knew the exact time you woke up. Only the murderer would pay that much attention to the time so they could have a perfect alibi."

"I..." Keralis stammered, speechless. He had no idea what to say. He was clearly caught off guard by Cleo's sudden accusation.

"Nopity nope. Sorry, but the Keralis I know would never do that." Xisuma spoke up, shaking his head.

"That was a sudden accusation, Cleo. How do we know you're not the killer?" Bdubs testified, "There IS a lot of evidence against Keralis, but trust me, he's innocent."

The one who was currently being accused, Keralis, sighed. Bdubs wasn't helping, all he did was prove Cleo's point. Bdubs noticed his mistake and awkwardly laughed.

"But what if someone who was cooking breakfast put the poison in Impulse's plate, not Keralis who was handing out the food?" Grian spoke up out of the blue.