Chapter 38

Stress flew through the trees, searching for the nether portal Grian decided to build on a random tree. She finally spotted it in the distance and landed on the tree smoothly, before entering the portal.

Stress had to find out what was going on. Was it all just a prank? Or a dream? She finally exited the portal, revealing the cheerful shopping district. She approached the main path, glancing at her surroundings.

She turned around from the sound of rockets. There Scar stood, leaning against the town hall as Cub landed beside him. They began chatting. Stress glanced around at the building, noticing a figure standing by the window. Before she could make out who it was, they disappeared. Nice.

Stress looked back at Scar and Cub, maybe the person joined their conversation, but no. And before she could look away, Scar noticed Stress. The two met in an awkward stare, and before Scar could say anything, Stress noped the heck out of there. She didn't even know why, she just kept running.

Stress finally slowed down and began walking through the shopping district, the question still in her mind. Could've it been a dream, or was everyone in on the prank? Was the camping trip False and Bdubs planned all just a dream and in reality, it had never happened? Plus, she didn't remember anything about being sick the previous week. Was the sickness so bad that she didn't remember it, or had it never even happened? She just remembered going to sleep one night and going on the camping trip the following day, then getting killed and waking up.

As the Ice Queen strolled through the area, all she could think about was the so called 'dream'. She honestly had no idea what was going on, it must've been real, or else why would it have felt so real? Why would she remember every detail so well? The day and time of all the murders, everyone's behaviour during the trip, and even the exact maroon shirt Bdubs was wearing when he was revealed to be the murderer?

The last time she had felt this hopeless was after Mumbo's death in her 'dream'. When only her, Xisuma, and the murderer, Bdubs, remained. No one knew who it was. They had given up at that point, they had accepted their fate.

And then Bdubs pulled out a knife.

Looking back, he must've killed Tango when he slept in the same room to try to basically frame himself so the hermits could take his side and claim that he had been framed. Then Bdubs put a poison bottle in his suitcase for False to find, and on the top, for everyone to see. Like he said, if he was the murderer, why would he put it there for everyone to see? From there, it was quite obvious False had placed it there. And that was all part of Bdubs' plan. Which murderer would be as confident as to take such a risk?

Then, the notes. He purposely wrote with his own handwriting, but not exactly the same so it wouldn't be so obvious. Because which murderer would write with their own handwriting on potential evidence?

Looks like he hadn't been framed after all. Everything was coming together for Stress, everything suddenly made sense. However, it didn't really matter anymore, as the murder mystery was over.

Bdubs proved himself to be great with them mind games. But since when was he that smart? No offense but seriously, no wonder he managed to kill everyone successfully. And with such confidence, it was bizare. Was it really Bdubs?

He seemed so clueless, dumb, and innocent, like he usually is. Yes, he was the one who had the idea to hold a camping trip, but he seemed so innocent. And that was part of his plan. False was much more in charge in the trip, almost everyone thought she was the one who came up with the idea to go camping until Bdubs admitted it was him. But he didn't seem to take much of a leader role, False did. That was a mistake on her behalf, as that made her the main suspect, but who would've expected what was to come?