Chapter 34

"What's going on out here?" Xisuma shouted, witnessing a sight he wasn't prepared for. He looked at the campfire where False was sitting, clothes drained in blood.

Xisuma stumbled out of the cabin, dashing over to his friend. She was just recently killed, it seemed.

A tear slowly strolled down his face.

The admin was certain the hermit in front of him was responsible for everything that's been going on. Honestly, how could one not suspect her? She was the one who picked out the campsite, and was the one in charge. Plus, she acted odd when the deaths began happening, and a lot of evidence has been linked to her. See, even I, the narrator, can't think of any reason to suspect her. But after all I'm not the smartest when it comes to solving mysteries, so please continue and ignore my existence, thank you.

"We... we were wrong the entire time?" Xisuma muttered, shaking his head to snap back into reality. "Then... who is it?"

He had literally no suspects either than False, and now she was dead. Well, either than Bdubs, but he wasn't so in charge of the camping trip. Her case was sad, the only way she could let her fellow hermits know she was innocent was by death.

And Stress?

X couldn't even imagine her commiting such crimes, but who knows. It could be anyone.

Xisuma shouted out to his remaining friends, in a weak, trembling voice. The two came rushing over to him, who was visibly terrified. They forgot that he hadn't known about False's death, nor Ren's. Bdubs and Stress exchanged glances, wondering how they were gonna break the news about Ren's death.

"Where's... Ren?" The admin questioned, already fearing the worst.

The two kept silent.

"Don't tell me he's dead. Please don't."

"I'm sorry..."

Xisuma fell back onto a log in disbelief, taken aback by the information he had learned. Stress and Bdubs ran over to X and tried their best to cheer him up and tell him it was alright, but inside, they all knew they were doomed.

Suddenly, a thought popped in Bdubs' mind. He remembered something.

Mumbo.

He was asleep the entire time, he had no idea what was going on outside.

"Guys, how are we gonna explain this to Mumbo?" asked Stress. Looks like she came to the same realization.

"Should we wake him up and tell him right now..?" Bdubs suggested, unsure himself.

"N-no, he probably won't sleep tonight..." Xisuma stammered, quite nervous. He glanced around, only to find Bdubs entering the cabin. Stress and Xisuma followed.

The three made their way to the room they knew Mumbo was asleep in. Xisuma pushed the door slowly and they tiptoed to the bed in the middle of the room.

"Mumbo?" Bdubs called out quietly.

"Mumbooo??"

X sighed. "He's not gonna wake up, let's just tell him in the morning."

"No, let's just tell him right now. It'll be fine."

The three continued their attempts to wake their friend up, but none were successful. Soon, Stress decided to take over.

"Move aside, watch how it's done." She flexed proudly, kneeling down to face Mumbo. She then mumbled something.

"Redstone dust doesn't connect."

No reaction.

Stress waited for anything, even if it was just a roll over, but nothing. Mumbo didn't move a muscle. She sighed and stood back up, walking to the other two.

The three exchanged worried looks, all having the same thought in mind.

Mumbo wasn't asleep.

Stress walked back to the bed and placed her palm on Mumbo's chest for about ten seconds.

She then removed it and just stood there, staring down at her friend. She then glanced at Bdubs and Xisuma, shaking her head hopelessly.

"He's dead."