Chapter 26

The group was silent.

The rest of the breakfast was not pleasant, that's for sure.

It all began when Doc accused Bdubs of Cleo's death, claiming since he was second to last to wake up, he could've killed Cleo without anyone knowing.

Bdubs took that personally. As he was going to talk, Mumbo spoke up.

"I mean, during the night, I did see you rummaging through your bag, not sure why."

Bdubs knew what was coming for him, making him quick to reply. Except, someone else spoke before him.

"That explains why he's so secretive about his stuff!" False began. "Yesterday, I was looking for a hoodie in your pile of hoodies and you saw me, then got mad at me for looking in there. Like what do you have to hide?"

Bdubs sat there surprised, surprised at how everyone turned on him so quickly. Things were not looking good for him.

"I- have you heard of privacy-" He began, just to get cut off for the third time.

"He probably made us hate Keralis to keep suspicions away from himself, I mean Keralis accused Bdubs first." Mumbo casually explained. "But I don't really suspect him a lot, I got my eyes on someone else."

"Yeah, and, remember how Bdubs took the knife out of Keralis' bag?" Zedaph spoke up. "Notice how he was SO confident when he took it out, like he knew it was there because he put it there."

"No- you got this all wrong I swear-" Bdubs attempted, getting interrupted by the person next to him.

"Bdubs, you literally caused the death of one of the closest people to you and you don't care?!" Xisuma shouted, startling the group.

"I..."

"We're not done yet, I have more proof." Doc began, smirking. "Yesterday, you spent more time with Cleo than you usually do, knowing she was gonna die the next day. You wanted to have final moments with her before her death."

Bdubs sat there, just shocked by what happened during a timespan of two minutes. He slowly looked back up at Stress and Ren, waiting for what they had to say.

"I'm sorry Bdubs, but I have to agree with them." She sighed, feeling quite guilty. Did he really deserve this? Well, too bad for him, I guess.

Ren kept quiet, having nothing to say. There was no point in accusing someone he didn't suspect all that much.

Bdubs quietly nodded and left the table, washed his hands, and slipped on his shoes. He then left the cabin without a word.

"To be honest, I don't think Bdubs is the murderer..." Mumbo suddenly spoke up. "I think it's you, False."

Honestly, things would've been better if he hadn't said that.

"You really think so? We listed all this evidence against Bdubs and you think I'm the killer?" False replied, quite confused. Beside her, Stress pulled out her notebook from literally nowhere.

"I dunno, you just seem to be more in charge of the camping trip than Bdubs, meaning you probably planned it just to kill us all and he didn't know anything about it."

"Actually-"

"Why are you confused? I've suspected you from day one!" Mumbo smirked.

"Me too." Ren casually replied.

"Wait- really?"

"Yeah, you didn't realize?"

False was still shocked about what the heck just happened. Weren't they against Bdubs like a minute ago?