Chapter twenty-six

(Ceris's POV:)

"Hey sweetie, time to get up." I say trying to wake my little girl up.

Olivia tiredly rubbed her eyes and said, "Mama? Why us up? The sun isn't awake?" She said.

I giggle a little, and say, "Well sweetie, I have to go somewhere today, and I thought we could visit momma?"

Her tired eyes widen, and she smiles, "Yay! Is she still napping?" She asked.

Letting out a sigh, I nod sadly. She frowned and asked "Is momma going to wake up soon?"

"Hopefully... now! Go get dressed, we have to leave very soon." I whisper.

She practically jumped out of bed, and walked to her bag of clothes. I giggle, and walk downstairs to make us a quick meal on the go. Olivia came downstairs in a long, lavender dress that my other daughter gave her. I walked over to her, and kissed her on the cheek before handing her her breakfast.

"Now, you have to eat quick... they won't let you bring it in when we visit mama." I say putting a thin coat.

Olivia looked up at me, her big brown eyes looking up at me. "Is something wrong dear?" I ask.

"Isn't that mamma's old hwoodie?" She asked.

I looked down to see I was in fact wearing my wife's blue, grass block hoodie. What! You cant blame me! It's comfy and it smells like cinnamon, just like Abby does.

"Heh. Yeah it is! I guess I didn't notice." I commented, "Now, let's go!"

She let me pick her up, and carry her to the dreadfort. Olivia fell asleep asleep in my arms as we walked to the hospital. I walked up to the check in area, and the receptionist looked at me before asking;

"Hello, what can I help you with today." They asked.

"I came here to visit my wife who is currently in a coma." I respond.

"What is the first and last name of patient?" They asked.

"Abigail Crysteffor." I say.

"And what are the visitor's names?"

"Ceris, and Olivia Crysteffor."

They wrote that down on a paper, and said "Okay. She is in room 105, in the intensive care unit. I'm sure you know where that is?" They asked. I nodded in response.

"I will call the doctors, telling them that Mrs. Crysteffor has visitors then. They all should call you in when they're ready."

I thanked the receptionist, and walked down the hall. When I got to the room, I sat down on the chairs outside, and waited. Olivia woke up from her little nap, and started giggling on how excited she was to see her other mama. She then babbled on what she was going to talk to her about as I attempted to braid her short, hair dark hair.

"Mrs Crysteffor?" A nurse asked. I scooped up my little girl and walked over to them.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"You have about two hours you can spend with her. It seemed the stalemate portion of her coma has ended, and she should be waking up soon.... really soon in fact!" They ended.

I smile, "Thank you for telling me."

"Now, I'll leave you and your family be for now. Anything happened, just call for one of us." They said before leaving.

We both walked in, and I took a seat in the chairs next to her bed. Olivia sat on the end of her mom's hospital bed. I meanwhile took Abby's hand, and held it in mine, as Olivia started talking. I noticed Abigail's expression soften as soon as our girl started talking. Just like it would whenever we got home from work, and got to see her.

"Mommy?" She asked me.

"Hm? Yes sweetheart?"

"What is a coma?"

I froze. Of course Olivia had to have been listening when that nurse mentioned it. I end up shaking my head, and saying,

"You'll find out when you're older..." I mumbled.

"Okie mommy!" She said.

Then out of nowhere, she kissed her mom. She paused, looking at her, before tilting her head down and mumbling something.

"What was that?" I ask curiously.

"It didn't work..." She commented.

"I'm sorry?" I ask giggling a bit.

"Mama has been sleeping for a long time now... a-and, you seem very sad without her. So, I thought if I kissed her, she'd wake up! And you two could be happy again! B-But... she didn't." Olivia began to cry.

I picked her up, and held her. "Olivia... sweetie, it's not your fault she didn't wake up. Mommy misses you so much, and she can't wait to hold you again. But, she needs to wake up from her nap."

She sniffled, "O-Okay..."

Part of her still seemed to not believe me, so I leaned close to her ear, and whispered,

"Momma can still hear you, you know?"

Her eyes widened, "R-Really!"

"Yeah! When you started talking to her, she smiled. She recognized your voice, and smiled! You might not have noticed it, but she sure did!"

Olivia then smiled, and climbed back onto her mom's hospital bed. She hugged Abby and said, "I love you mama!"

I noticed our time quickly running out, and I frowned. We were already an hour short of time, and I sigh. I then walk over to my wife, and sit on the side of her bed.

"Mommy! Give momma a kiss! Even if it doesn't wake her... we could try!" She suggested.

I chuckled, "Fine, fine. If it'll make you feel better."

To be honest... part of me hopes to the fates that this would wake her up. Olivia was right. I missed my lovely wife... so much. I tried to hide it... but even I could tell that I wasn't fooling anyone. Not even my own daughter.

Wanting to at least make my little girl happy, and to put my mind at ease... I decided to go over and give her a kiss. I turned my body so I faced her, and just looked at her for a moment. I used my hand to brush a bit of her hair out of her face, leaned down pulling off my mask, and kissed her on the lips.

After the kiss, I lay down on her shoulder. Then, as if it was a once in a lifetime shot, I hear Abby's sweet laugh as her hand ruffled my short hair. I look up from her shoulder, her maple brown eyes meeting mine.

"Mama!" Olivia squeaked of joy, hugging her other mom. "You're finally awake from your nap!"

She giggled, "Yeah... my nap."

"We missed you momma!" She said as a nurse came rushing into the room.

"M'lady! You're awake!" They shouted.

Abigail turned her head back to face me, before wiping a tear from my face.

"I was so worried about you..." I sob, to which she hugs me, patting my back.

Olivia, seeing me in tears, climbed over and cuddled on top of us. "We've got you mommy! Don't cry! Momma's awake!"

I pull my girls close, and kiss Olivia on the forehead, and my lovely wife on the lips. I cried in joy, as I got to hold my family once again. I uttered a 'thank you' to the fates for letting my wife wake up from what felt like endless slumber.