Chapter sixteen

It was Hogsworth...

Him and a cohort of pigmen were standing at the gates. However, he nor his men looked like they were going to harm us.

How could they anyway? There was only a small group of them, standing outside the Frostbourne were we have an army with an army of hundreds of thousands of knights. Plus, the pigmen weren't looking so great.

Most of them didn't even have better then chainmail armor if any armor at all, and those who had armor it wasn't in the best condition to say the least. Most of their weapons were either broken or rusted. Even without the armor or weapons they looked rough. All of them looked a bit underfed and looked like they hadn't slept in ages. Some of them had flies and some looked sick.

I couldn't help but feel bad, even though they used to be our enemy, they didn't deserve this. However I kept my neutral expression as we stopped a few feet away from them. We had our hands on our weapons just in case, the Nether is very unpredictable sometimes.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice as calm and unforseeable as my expression.

Hogsworth stepped up. "Miss, me and my men request to see Ser Patrick about an urgent matter." He said.

"My father is temporarily out of commission. For now, any business you have with my father will be dealt with by myself and the council." I said.

"I see. Then I guess I need to speak with you and your council." He said.

"What makes you think they'll let you past the front gate?" Herobrione shouted at the pig man.

"Hero." Lily said, "We should at least hear them out. Don't you agree Lady Amelia?"

"I do agree." I turn back to the Hogsworth. "You can speak with us inside. However, please give my knights time to rest before the meeting."

"I understand. You all look like you just got back from a long trip."

"The meeting will be as soon as we can have it." I said and he bows his head appreciably.

"Thank you."

Myself and my knights walk inside the village walls. Medics rush over and rush my unconscious brother and mom to the medical ward. Olivia ran up to her mommy with Gavin following close behind her.

I was putting Brownie away in their stall when all of a sudden, I heard Storm say "Ow!"
I turn to see Elie standing there laughing while her brother was holding his arm.

"Hey El! How are you?" I ask as she tries to get her laughter under control.

"I'm good! You two seem to be doing well."

"Yeah. I was until you punched me." Storm said. "Ouch."

I chuckled a bit. "How has the village been going?"

"Eh, pretty well. I have no attack to report... but I do have something to report."

"Oh? What is it?" We ask.

She smiled and turned her head mainly to her brother. "Mom is awake!"

His eyes widen. "Mom! She's okay! What about dad? When did she wake up?"

"She is perfectly fine, she woke up a few hours after you left. Dad did wake up but is still in the hospital being checked for injuries but he should be able to leave by tonight. Oh, and mom said she wanted to see you both."

"Okay?" We said confused but still happy.

"She's at Deimitri's house. I'll walk you both there."

"Alright, come on sis." Storm said as we started walking there.
_______________________________
(Stella's POV:)

I was at Daryll and his family's home. I heard what happened to Lyra, and I already visited her grave when I found out. It was a peaceful day, however I started to get a bad feeling. I close my book and walk outside. The sun was starting to set, I smile.

As the End queen, myself and my husband could get out much being as we are very busy people. I missed seeing the sun set and rise every morning. However, even while watching the beauty of the setting sky, the bad feeling didn't go away.

The feeling got even stronger when some cloaked figure walked by. I look at the person as they walk by. I didn't know why I got such a bad vibe from them, until I saw a bit of the woman's dark lavender hair because visible.

Purple and dark blue hair is a big End sign. However, I heard that purple hair is extremely rare, and not many people have purple hair. I've only met two people (not counting myself) with purple hair. Ceris, and.... Clover. And since Ceris is with the group, I really hope it is neither of them.

I started following the person. I had my light sword out, just in case. The person walked into an empty alleyway. I hesitated, but since I had my sword, I followed. The person stopped in the middle of the ally.

"Hello Stella darling." She said taking off her hood and turned around.

It was Clover. She her formally dark purple hair was turning gray, and her skin had a few wrinkles, but her snooty face was still there.

"Clover." I said, "What are you doing here. You were banished from both Frostbourne and the End several years ago."

"I thought I told you to call me mo-"

"You don't deserve that darn title!" I shout. "Now before I slit your throat open answer me, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!"

She chuckled, "My implorer sent me here."

"Implorer? Who would want to hire you with your loud, arrogant mouth?" I ask.

She gasped acting offended.
"How dare you disrespect your mother! I don't deserve a monstrous daughter like you."

"Well I didn't deserve all the pain, tears, and fear you put me through, and yet, here we are."

"Mom? Are you- Momma!" I heard Storm say from behind me.

"Lady Stella!" Amelia said.

I turn around to see my two kids, and my best friend's daughter run up behind me.

"Mom who's that?" Elie asked.

"Momma...?" Clover asked, "You had... I'm a-"

"Ahem... Storm, Elie, Ame? Go back to the house and wait for me there... I'll be there in a minute."

They looked at me confused but nodded and left. I sigh and turn back to Clover.

"You... you had kids!" She yelled angrily. "It's with that darn mage isn't it! That girl looks just like him!"

"Not like you care. You never cared about me, you would have thrown me away in an instant if that meant you could be an Enderwatcher. Well guess what, I'm done with being scared of you! I'm done with being scared for the safety of my people and family because of you and what you put me through!"

She stayed silent and still. I threw my sword at her, hitting the edge of her sleeve, holding her to the wall. I walked up to the struggling woman and held the handle of the blade.

"If you don't get out of this village and my and my family's life right now, I will not hesitate to kill you." I warned.

She nodded frantically and I pulled it out of the wall. Clover didn't hesitate to run to the nearest gate and leave.

I sigh as I walk to my friends house back to my family.

I've kept the secret of Clover from my kids for too long... it's about time they know.