Chapter twenty

(Amelia's POV:)

The pig man looked up at me, then back at the ground as he responded,

"...My people are dying by the day. We were forced to leave our homeland to survive. A civil war broke out there after the last war and our past king's fall. We fought over food, clean water, medical supplies, and medicine. So, myself and my clan of pig men left our realm to start a village here. But, we know nothing of growing food, and we don't have enough medical supplies to treat the sick. I want my people to live... so I went to every village in this general area to ask for help. But they all rejected to help us..."

He opened his eyes as tears filled them.

"Please... I'm begging at this point... I don't want my people to die. Please help us... I'll do anything in return... please..."

I couldn't help but feel sympathetic for him.

"Thank you for sharing Sir Hogsworth. Please wait out in the hallway while we discuss." Hilda said.

The pig general nodded, got up, bowed and said, "Thank you for at least hearing me out." He said before walking out.

There was a short bit of a silence. Everyone looked as if they were a bit scared to say, even I was a little. Thankfully, Elie started.

"I think we should help him." She said. Storm nodded in agreement.

"Agreed." Daryll responded.

"Same here. We might have been at war in the past, but they're conditions looked horrid." I said.

Herobrione sighed. "I would argue, I really would. But I agree as well."

"As for me too." Kralos and Ceris said calmly.

Kane turned to Ciara, "Thoughts on this?" He asked. She sighed,

"Sure, we all aren't the biggest fans of Hogsworth, but... there are innocent people there who never wanted Naeus to grow in power and only surrendered to save their lives. Also take into account that there are children there who deserve to live."

"Agreed. We cannot let the past judge the life or death of an entire species." Hilda said.

"My thoughts exactly." Kane said.

"Yes. If we want to help people, we need to help all people, regardless of species." Gavin said.

Everyone had so far agreed, accepted one, unexpectedly quiet person. My mom had not said anything since the meeting started. She was just looking at the wood floor, it looked as if she wasn't there mentally in the moment or if she was in her own little world. What kind of concerned me was that no one noticed.

"Mom? Are you okay?" I ask.

She didn't respond, instead kept on staring off into space. Everyone looks at her confused and concerned. My brother (who was sitting next to her) gently shook her hand.

"Momma? Are you-"

My mom quickly snapped out of whatever trance she was in and pulled the arm which he touched away.

"Y-Yeah?" She said looking around at the people looking at her. She looked kinda scared.

"Lady Azura? Are... you okay?" Ceris asked.

"O-Of corse! I'm fine! Is something w-wrong?" She said.

"You were just staring off into space." Kane said concerned.

"Are you sure you're okay? You sea-" Deimitri started before she said,

"I'm. Fine."

Silence filled the room for a few minutes. No one really sure how to start.

"Is... that a yes for everyone?" I ask.

I looked around and everyone nodded, even my mom did, slightly... but it was a yes.

"Okay. Gavin? Could you bring him in. From there, we could talk it over with him on how to help." Aaron said.

"Of course Sir Aaron." Gavin said.

The older man got up and left the room, later returning next to the pig man general. Hogsworth sat down, anxiously waiting for our response. I take a deep breath,

"Sir Hogwarts. Our council has decided to approve your request for our help. However we need to know how we can help your people and what type of help is needed." I say smiling a little.

He looked relieved, tears formed in the pig man's eyes. Hogsworth wiped his tears away and smiled

"Thank you... Thank you. Thank you so much." He cried.

It took a while to discus the best way to help them, but after an hour, we finally came up with a solution were they could be helped, but they could try and contribute to us if we need it.

Right now I was walking back to my dad's office to finish up some paperwork when my little brother walked up to me looking quite concerned.

"Amelia... I need to talk to you...alone..." He said.

I nod in concern and we walk a bit away from people into an emptier part of the hallway.

"What's wrong little bro?" I ask.

"I don't think we should tell anyone about this yet... but..."

He shown me his hand which had a bit of dried blood on his fingertips. I shot him a confused look before he said,

"I... tapped mom on her wrist with this hand."My eyes widened.

"Normally I would brush it off as nothing, or some sort of spill... but think of how she acted during the meeting. Maybe don't ask her about it now... but... try and keep an eye out. If it is just a coincidence then we'll just forget this ever happened."

"Okay..." I said,

He tilted his head. "Hey, are you okay sis?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm just... worried about mom. Sure she hasn't been awake for long, but she hasn't acted like herself at all. I just hope she's okay." I say.

"Same...."

Both of us stayed silent, not sure of what to say. I mean, what do you do or say in these situations.

"W-Well, I have to go check something at the lab, I'll see you later sis. Love you" he gives me a hug.

"Love you too little bro." I said and continue my way back to my office.