Chapter eight

//The next day//

I wake up to Elie shaking me awake.

"Come on Ame wake up!"

"Elie... it's six am... why so early?" I ask rubbing my tired, navy blue eyes.

"Because, you wanted to surprise my little bro with something for helping you out. Now get up!"

Oh shoot I totally forgot about that. I sit up and ask, "So, what are we doing?"

"A cute little breakfast picnic! He'd like it, don't worry."

"How do you know? It's pretty specific?" I ask. She giggles.

"Well, when we were young, our mum and dad would take us to the End palace's gardens and we'd have a small family picnic. I know he'd like it."

I sigh, and get out of bed and about to go downstairs to go cook some food she hit my hand away from the door handle.

"I already have the place set up and food packed, you get dressed."

"Fine. And... thank you." I say, and walked to the closet.

While I was picking out something to wear, I remembered something that had happened two years ago when I first started crushing on Storm.

—flashback—

"Mom?" I say walking into the living room to see her reading on the couch.

"Hm? Yes Amelia, is something wrong?" My mother said putting a bookmark in her book.

I flop down on the couch. "I have a crush and I don't know what to do!"

Her eyes widen. "Ooooo, who is it! What's their name?" She asked.

"Um... remember Rain and Stella's son... Storm?" I ask.

She sighs, "Ame, what did I specifically tell you to not do?"

"Don't fall in love with the angry but cute dark purple haired boys..."

"And what did you do?"

"I fell in love with a dark purple haired, angry but cute boy..."

She sighed and then my dad walked into the room.

"I heard angry but cute, dark purple haired boys and so now I'm here." He said sitting down next to mom pulling her on his lap.

"Please, for the love of Notch don't end up like me sweetheart or you'll be stuck with an angry, flaming ball of sunshine the rest of your life." Both my dad and I laugh,

"But dad loves you, it's better to be with someone who's a bit angry but is always good to you then someone who isn't."

She sighed. "I guess..."

"Oh and hey, if you do date someone. At the very least, have their nickname that makes sense." Dad said looking at mom.

"Your nickname makes sense!" She said, I look at dad confused

"I didn't know you had a nickname dad?"

"Yeah, my nickname is apparently Patty-cake?"

"Like the children's handshake, game thing?" I ask and my mom nodded.

"Yeah! When we where kids, we played it all the time together, and since your name is Patrick, I thought it was fitting." She said.

"I mean it kinda makes sense?" Aaron said walking into the room and sat down with us, My dad sighed.

"You're all weirdo's." Dad said and mom smiled.

"Yeah maybe, but we're your weirdo's" She said.
________________________________

I smile at that memory.
Even though my mom and dad worked a lot, we were always a close family, and if they weren't there, I knew I could always turn to Lyra, Daryll, Rain, Stella, Abby, and Ceris for help.

Eventually, I found a short, dark blue dress that looked really nice. I take it out of the closet and put it on then look at myself in the mirror.

"You know you look just like your mom." I turn to the door to see Lyra standing there.

"Thank you..." I say

"What's wrong?" Lyra asked.

"...It's nothing...i-it's just, I always hoped my mom would be the one to teach me how to apply makeup..." I say.

"You've never done your own makeup before?"

"Nope. I've never needed to."

"Huh... well, how about this. I'll do your makeup, but when we find her, she'll teach you."

"Really!" I say.

"Yeah, isn't it a parent and child experience to teach the kid how to do makeup while the weird aunt or family friend just does your makeup?"

"I mean... I guess?" I say smiling.

"Don't worry, I won't teach you anything."
________________________________
(Storm's POV:)

Elie made me wake up early, on my off day, put on a simple yet nice outfit, didn't let me eat breakfast, and didn't even tell me why.

That was until, I saw Ame walk down the stairs. My eyes widen and my face heats up. She looked so beautiful. She walked over to me immediately.

"So I assume this is why I'm all dressed up?" I ask turning to my sister who nodded in response.

"Should we get going?" She asked me, I ask

"Okay but where are we going?"

She giggled, "Its a surprise, so you have to trust me."

I smile, "Okay, I-" I was interrupted by a knock at the door. We both go to answer it.

"Hello, is Amelia and Aaron here right now?" The Elytra Corps captain asked.

"Yep." Ame said peaking her head out from behind the door. "Aaron, come over here."

He walks over. "Yes?"

"I'm just going to spit it out, we found your dad this morning, he is unconscious in the hospital and you both need to go there right away."