Chapter eighteen

(Amelia's POV:)

I woke up next to both Olivia and Elie. It was about five in the morning. I got up out of bed, got my armor on, and went downstairs to see Daryll cooking breakfast. I started to get lost in my thoughts.

Why is the Nether Horde asking to speak with the leader of the army? What business do they wish to have with us? Why did those pigmen look so... beat up? Especially Hogsworth.

"Hey Ame? You okay?" I heard Daryll ask.

"Hm? Oh, yes. I'm alright. Just thinking about stuff"

Daryll cleared his throat. "Amelia... there is something I need to tell you..." he said in his serious tone. "It's about your mother..."

My eyes widen, "W-What happened! Is she- did she-" I started asking scared that she passed or couldn't return to her human form.

"No, if you're going to ask, she is still alive and in a stable condition.... however... there was an... incident at the medical ward last night..." He said.

"What happened..." He sighed.

"Apparently... someone broke into her room and tried to poison and kill her in her sleep. Thankfully a guard saw the unlocked room and could stop him before he could get the poison into a syringe and inject her with it."

"So... they caught the guy?" I asked.

"Yes, it's one of those 'rebellion' guys, now he is behind bars for attempted murder."

"Good. Thank you for telling me Daryll." I said walking to the door, I had to prepare for the meeting.

"Amelia... there is something else." He said and I turn to him.
"...This whole rebellion is going too far... these people want to hurt and even kill you and your family. That's why we're putting down new rules for you and Aaron."

I nod. Sure, I don't want to have any strict rules made for me and my brother, but if it's for our safety, then I understand.

"Rule number one; no traveling when it's dark. If you are ready to go home and it's already night, you stay in your dad's office or go to your mom's and you lock the door and close the window curtains and you go to sleep there."

"Rule number two; you can not go out to restaurant, or any place were you eat and or drink anything. Have a friend or myself, Ceris, Stella, or Rain order food or a drink for you while you wait outside. People in this whole group could be anything from a wanted criminal to a waiter at a restaurant."

"And Rule number three; you can not go to a normal doctor or a normal clinic. Even if it is a slight sickness, you have to go to the medical ward in the dreadfort. There it is much higher security, and is hard to even fake being a nurses assistant."

"But Daryll, wouldn't they turn me away? If it's something as simple as a cold?" I ask.

"Because..." I heard a familiar, comforting voice say. I turn around to see my mom sitting next to Lady Hilda.

"Mom...!" I say trying not to yell since people are still asleep. I run into my moms arms and hug her.

"Hey Ame..." she said crying and shaking, she hugging me back. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did I do anything to you? How's Aaron?"

I pulled away and smile, "Calm down mom, we're fine! I'm glad you are awake."

Hilda walked up to us,
"We all had a meeting with the rest of the council and the medical staff, we all came to this discussion that this is what is best for the two of you."

I look at her confused. "You... made the decision without telling my brother or I? Did Elie, Storm, or Deimitri know about this?" I ask.

I look around at the three of them to see all looked to the ground embarrassed. Anger filled me and I no longer cared for the people asleep.

"You pretty much silenced my brother and I which are the people this is affecting, and the say of another dimension!" I snap. "I understand these rules need to be made, but couldn't we have talked about this in the meeting, which is in two hours! It wouldn't have been much time, and we were all going to leave in a group anyway!"

I expected a calm and reasonable explanation for this, but everyone was still silent. Even my mom was... or well, she didn't explain the reasoning, she started to cry.

I wasn't mad, and I understood the reasoning behind it. So why was mom crying? I know she can handle yelling - considering she is married to my dad- but she was full on crying.

My expression softened. "Mom? Are you okay?" I ask concerned.

She nods and wipes away her tears.
"I-I'm fine, it's just..." my mom shook her head. "Nothing, I'm sorry. I'll go wake up everyone else now... It's time to eat." She said walking upstairs.

After a few minutes, people come down stairs and go to the table for breakfast. A energetic Olivia runs over to me and starts dancing around.

"Ame! Ame! Guess wha! Guess wha!" She said.

I take a deep breath not wanting to appear angry or scary to her. I smile and kneel down to her. "Yes Olivia?"

"Mommy is going to take me to see other mommy after her meeting!" She said.

"That's only in you eat your breakfast!" Ceris said cutting up her daughter's toast and eggs.

"Oh... Okie mommy!" She said hopping over to the table to eat

How is that child so carefree all of the time? I ask myself.

I look to see almost everyone sitting at the table eating. The only one missing from the table was my mom.

"Hey guys?" I ask my squad. "Did my mom ever come downstairs?" I ask.

"I didn't see her?" Deimitri said. "She just woke us up, told us breakfast was ready, and left"

"Yeah, same here." Elie said still tired.

"I think she said that she was going to get something from her office. She left out the back door." Storm said.

"Okay..."

After they all finished, we all left in one big group, and we all started to head to the base. We met up with my mom who had changed into a black, long sleeved, t-shirt and black jeans.

We all went to the room which we hold meetings. We all had to shift around a bit. My brother sat next to me instead of the other end of the table. The person sitting in their place was Hogsworth.

He was unarmed of his broken tools like his diamond sword and shield. We all looked at the beaten up pigman and I ask,

"What is your business for being here?" I ask in a neutral manner.