Chapter twenty-one

(Annabelle's POV:)

Uncle Hoggie came back crying, however momma said he wasn't sad. In fact, she said he was happy crying. After a few minutes, people dressed in these suits of armor came to our camp. At first I thought they were a little scary, but then they started helping my people. They brought some medics along with them to help the sick and injured.

Right now, I was playing at the village park with my momma watching me while uncle Hoggie were trying to find a place we could all stay at.

I was walking around when I saw a little girl playing with dolls by herself under a tree. She didn't seem much younger or older then I did. So, I sat down next to her. She looked at me and smiled.

"Hi! My name is Annabelle! But you can call me Annie if you like!" I said holding out my hand.

"Hai! I'm Olivia!" She said.

"C-Can I play with you?" I ask, she giggled and said,

"Of course!" She handed me a doll.

Both of us started playing with her dolls. The game was something about a princess with a dragon pet who ruled over all the dimensions. We were both having fun when I saw the co-lord of Glacierford and the former End queen approaching us.

She was a little intimidating, but Olivia just smiled, dropped and ran over to her, hugging her legs. The former queen pulled down her mask smiling, and kissed the small girl on the forehead.

"You ready to go see your other momma now?" She asked.

"I was playing with my new friend mommy, could I at least say bye?" Olivia asked.

Ceris chuckled a little,

"Of corse sweetheart! Maybe If it's okay with their parents you could ask if they could play tomorrow?"

"Okie mommy!" She walked back over to me.

"I'm sorry Annie, but my mommy said we are going to see my momma now! Can we play tomorrow?" She asked.

"Of corse! But, I'm confused you said you were visiting your momma, but isn't she right there?" I asked confused.

"Oh, no, that's my mommy! My momma is who we are going to visit!" She said exited.

"So, you have two mommies?" I ask.

"Mhm! They are really nice, we have a small family, but a good one!" She said and I smile.

"That's good!... I only have my momma, my dada ended up getting really sick." I say somberly, "B-But, I still have my uncle Hoggie! He helps out my momma with stuff, and sometimes takes care of me!"

She walked over and gave me a hug. I hug her back and my smile brightens.

"C-Can we play tomorrow? I want to continue our game! It's fun to play with you!" She said.

"Sure! Oh, and here you go." I said handing her back the doll she let me borrow, but all she did was push it back to me.

"Keep it! Mommy said I have enough dollies, so, you can keep it!" Olivia smiled.

"Thank you!" I say, "Have fun visiting your momma!"

I waved to her as she walked off with her mommy, while mine made her way over to me.

"So, I see you made a new friend already honey!" Momma said warmly.

"Mhm!" I shown her my doll, "She gave me this! Is it okie if we can play again tomorrow?"

She chuckled, "Of corse dear. Now, your uncle found us all a place to stay, so we have to go there and help everyone settle in, okay?"

"Okie momma!" I take her hand and we leave the park.

(I don't write enough fluffy friendship stuff nowadays... so here ya go)
________________________________
(Amelia's POV:)

I had just finished up my paperwork for the day and got started on some so I could get a head start tomorrow. The sun had set a while ago and I already told my brother "just go home without me," and that "I'd spend my night in dad's office." It was almost one in the morning, and I was still busy with paperwork. Thankfully I had gotten a lot for tomorrow done already!

I rubbed my eyes tiredly when something caught my eye.

My mom's katana, the one she used against me. I wanted to try and find out what it was made of.

Back at the fortress, the blade looked rather deadly, but powerful. Back when we fought, it looked like the blade was simply flying in her hand.

Ceris told me that that much talent and skill with a weapon takes many years of practice. However, I knew a few people who were a natural at their form of combat, like Deimitri and his parents for an example. All three of them are/were natural gunslingers, but they still have or had to work in order to be the best of the best.

I look over at my axe which was on the desk, beside me. That thing was very old and could break in two any day now. And I never really felt like it was really right for me.

Feeling like I need a break from the boring paperwork -being that I was at it all day- got up from my chair, did a little stretch, and picked up both blades, inspecting them a bit.

Might as well make a new weapon, since I'm here all night. I thought to myself.

Quickly, I start heading down to the crafting room. It looked a lot like a blacksmith's workshop, had an anvil, furnaces (blast furnaces and normal,) a small thing of lava, and a book on making all different types of weapons. Swords. Axes. Maces. Crossbows. Glaives. Naginatas. Spears. You name it, the book can give you a recipe for it.

I sit on the floor, looking through the book, for a weapon. I think I want to use a sword this time. I've always had good luck with them and knew how to use one well.

Looking, I saw a sword that caught my eye. I read aloud,

"The European hanger sword. Can be used in both hunting and for war purposes. The weight is normally 15 ounces, and the overall length is somewhere around 26 inch."

Something. I don't know what. But something in me chose that sword. So, following my gut, I started crafting the sword.

It took a lot of time, especially to melt the netherite, but after a long, long night, I had most of the sword ready. I thought I should stop for the night and get some, considering needed time to cool down before I cold finish.

Considering the sun was almost completely up, I left the fort and walked to Deimitri's house. I sat down on the couch, put the footrest up and leaned back so I was lying down, and rubbed my eyes tiredly. But before I fell asleep, I heard a relived yet familiar voice.

"You're home."

I look behind me to see my mom sitting in an armchair not far away, while Storm was asleep on the other side of the couch I was on.

"Mom? What are you doing still awake?" I yawn.

"I know Aaron told me you wouldn't get home till early in the morning, but... I couldn't help but be a little bit worried. Oh! And I also wanted to tell you that your brother, you, and I are moving back into our house tomorrow."

"Really? That's great." I say tiredly, but happy.

"Anyways, you are very tired, so I'll go upstairs to bed. Rest well sweetheart. I love you."

My mom smiled tiredly before she started to head upstairs.

"Wait, mom?" I say and she stops and turns around.

"Yes dear?"

"...Are you doing okay? Something about you seemed... off, and I want to make sure you are okay." I say.

She paused and just shook her head, her soft smile still there. "I'm fine dear. You don't have to worry about me."

I don't respond and let her walk upstairs. She looked really tired so she should get some sleep. I look over at Storm, who was still fast asleep, roll over to lie down next to him, and cuddle against him. He was really warm.

I look at his sleepy face. He looked so calm and relaxed as a bit of his dark purple hair fell in his face. I lie my head down on his chest, starting drifting off into a gentle sleep as I listened to his heart, softly beating.