Chapter eleven

(Wholesome warning)

//a few weeks later//
(Storm's POV:)

Ame and I where asleep on the couch. Last night, she had too much work to do in little time and was still morning over Lyra's death. So I helped her finish her work and fell asleep with her on the couch in Lady Azura's office.

Ever since the last battle, ever since we lost... that bandit which I later found out that his name is Oscar, started a rebellion. People thought Amelia and Aaron aren't good enough at their jobs and that they would be better off with someone else in charge. They went as far to send her and her brother death threats and even trying to harm them or people close to them.

The thing they are neglecting is that, we weren't ready for battle at all and we did the best we could with what little we knew. My opinion is that we did the best we could and
I know Amelia is doing everything she can with what she knows. She is still the strong leader myself and the people who still believe in her know she is.
I look at the time to see it was almost time to wake her up. We had a meeting in an hour and she needed to be there for it.

Though, instead of waking her up, I get up, walk over to the counter, and start to use a fire spell to cook her some breakfast.

"What are you doing?" She yawned as I finished up her breakfast.

"Cooking you breakfast." I say walking over to her and give her a plate of freshly cooked food.

She blushed but pushed the plate of food. "I'm not hungry... you should eat..."

I give her an annoyed look and push the plate back to her.

"Eat." She shook her head. I push the plate back, however yet again she pushed it away.

"We have a meeting soon, I have no time to eat breakfast. I need to prepare and get my information strai-"

"No!" I yell slamming my fist on the side table and sigh.

"You have been living off of nothing but coffee and small portions of trail mix ever since that battle. I am tired of watching you like this. You're behavior isn't heathy."

"But.... I.... fine. I'll eat." She said finally accepting the plate of food from me. I smile softly and brush my hand through her short, azure blue hair.

"Thank you. Now I will get your notes and everything ready while you eat." I say getting up to leave, but she took my hand.

"You need to eat too." She said.

I chuckle and take a piece of buttered toast from her plate and eat it.

"I'll be fine. I ate a lot yesterday at dinner, I promise you I will eat more later. Right now I need to focus on you taking care of yourself."

When I was putting everything in order, I would always look over at Amelia. She seemed to really enjoy the food I made her because she finished it before I could finish sorting out everything.

"How did you learn how to cook?" She asked.

I smile. "When I was younger and started learning magic, my mom had me start learning food type spells while Elie learned healing."

"....Why? Healing I can understand, but why food?"

"I'm not really sure. She said it was just in case Elie or I got separated from our parents, we could still eat." I say.

I am still kinda confused about that myself. There was no threat or war going on at the time, it was actually the best time for the villages. So why where mom and dad so scared.