Chapter thirteen

(TW: drowning, if you don't handle drowning related things well, please skip this chapter)

//The next day//

I was on my horse Brownie as we walked the path to the fortress. Storm, Hero, Karlos, and Daryll were on their own horses while Ceris walked, and my brother was in the sky with his boyfriend on his back. We had been traveling since sunrise and it was now almost sundown and we where hopefully almost there.

"Are we getting close?" I asked.

"Yes, just another mile or so." Karlos said looking at the map.

Herobrione cracked his knuckles and said "I can't wait to beat that glitching baster's face in."

Ceris sighed. "Herobrione, we aren't going there to attack. We are going there to spy."

"The idea is to not get caught." Deimitri shouted from the sky.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Right..." he grumbled under his breath.

"How about this, say we do get caught, you can take on 303." Daryll said.

"Only if we get caught." Karlos said.

Hilda was watching over the village for the day, Karlos and Hero had their head guard in charge of their people, Ceris had Gavin take care of the people from Glacierford, while Daryll had a bandit named Jessie lead them in his absence.

Suddenly we approached a giant ravin. Hero got off his horse and ran to the edge. Both Storm and I made a small pen for the horses and gave them plenty of food and water.

"We're here." He said.

"This is the way in?" Aaron asked landing next to Hero.

"One of many."

"How many entrances are there?" I ask.

He looks at Karlos. "Eh... about thirty... maybe more." The wither knight said.

Our eyes widen.

"So... how are we going to get down?" I ask.

Without another word, Hero jumps down and falls into lava! Everyone runs to the edge and looks down to see him literally swimming in lava and on to a sizable patch of obsidian.

"What are you waiting for? Jump down!" He yelled.

We all looked at each other and Karlos shouted, "Hero! Not everyone is from the Nether! We can't all swim and lava and live!"

"....Oh... right... uh." He pointed to a thing of water. "Over there!"

We all walked over to the water he pointed at. It looked pretty deep, took up almost one half of the floor of the ravin, and the fall wasn't that high so it wouldn't kill us.

Karlos turned to us, "Okay, who's up first." He asked.

Ceris sighed and teleported herself down while my brother picked up Deimitri bridal style and flew down, Karlos sighed and jumped down, leaving only Storm and I up there.

"Cowards!" I shouted to Ceris, Deimitri, and my brother.

"Hey... um, Ame? How are we going to jump down?"

I sigh, "We jump." I said.

He looked rather nervous when I said that, so I walk closer to him and take one of his hands in mine. His hands were really soft, my cheeks grew a bit pink. He looked a bit flustered as blush grew on his face, but he didn't look nervous anymore.