Chapter forteen

(Amelia's POV:)

Herobrione and Karlos were leading the group down a cave. They said the cave look was just a disguise, and that this was really just some sort of secret tunnel made by the spiders.

All of us were dead silent, not daring make a noise. We all had our weapons drawn in case we got caught. The only light came from the lantern Karlos was carrying on the end of his battle axe.

"Here." Hero said pointing to a trap door. "This  is how we get in."

Ceris walked over and carefully opened the door, just a sliver, the room below was completely empty from what we could see. We hopped down one by one. It looked to be some sort of library. We all looked around a bit, see what things were going on.

I was looking through a book on a table in the middle of the room, it was something about... coding and hacking? I thought that stuff only happened in old stories and legends.

"Ame, I'm getting a weird feeling from this place.." Storm said.

"Of course you are, this is an abandoned end stronghold, plus there is a strange, glitchin-"

"No, it's not that... well yes I feel that, but this is something or someone else.... it's hard to say, but there is something familiar, yet different about it." He said.

As part mage, he can sense strange magic, even sometimes certain auras wether it be good or bad. It is a strange, rare yet powerful gift he has, or at least that is what Stella told me.

"Guys...." I heard Daryll say. I turn to see him standing my a closet door.

Inside were several of these pale orange blocks, they looked to have some sort of keypad looking thing on the sides that was slightly flashing red and a pale green light.

My brother looked intreated while Ceris backed away in shock.

"What are these things-?" I ask.

"Aaron! Get away from that!" She almost shouted.

"Huh? Why? " He asked.

"Those are command block, I don't remember much about them, but my parents told me several stories about them. They're dangerous!" She said.

He flinched and backed away a bit from the blocks.

"Ceris, I'm a scholar and scientist. I have to study bizarre things, dangerous or not."

"Aaron you are a child, this will affect the rest of your life—-"

Their conversation started to fade out to the point I didn't even hear them argue anymore. All I heard was silence... or I did for a little bit before I heard a familiar female voice start screaming.

"Amelia? You okay?" I hear Daryll say through my subconsciousness.

I shake myself back to reality. "She's here!" I say.

"Who is here? There is no one else in this room." Karlos asked.

"My mom! S-She's somewhere in the building." I said. "I can feel her presence."

"Are you sure dear?" Ceris asked.

"I'm sure. She is here."

"Then we have to go find her!" Hero said.

"I-I don't know, what if it's a trap? What would happen then?" Daryll asked worriedly.

There was a pause.

"...She'd do the same for us any day, dangerous or not, a trap or not, Azura would help us. Now it's time we help her when she needs us." Ceris said.