Bunny's backstory pt. 2

Just a clarification real quick. I know I make a lot of spelling mistakes, but I don't care. But saying Bunny's instead of Bunnie's is dramatically correct, because when I saw Bunny's I'm talking about her as a person and not multiple small animals.

Throughout her first year of middle school, she was constantly picked on by the other girls. The name her mother had given her, and her 'boyish' appearance, were just some of the topics they chose to brother her about. And she was getting tired of it.

"Mom, if you just let me be like everyone else then I wouldn't get picked on," she said to her mother. "Please mom, I just want to be a normal girl."

"You are no daughter of mine," she said. "Look at yourself, you are no lady."

Bunny wanted to talk back, argue with her mother about how unfair the life she had given her was. Just how much trouble forcing something that was never meant to be onto her, she wasn't born a boy and trying to act like one in the past didn't get her anywhere.

She decided that the only way she could get through to her mom was not through words but through actions. She was angry and felt as if her mother deserved the same anger, she would prove to her mom that she wasn't just a mistake, she was her daughter.

Now, her idea of the types of things women did wasn't the best, to say the least. Because of her upbringing, she saw them as beings compared to men. Her mother wanted a son so bad, so there must be something that was better than a girl like her.

The idea she had implanted in her mind was flawed, but we can't necessarily blame her like that.

Her first act of rebellion was obtaining a boyfriend, she'd do research on websites that could easily be mistaken as a 'how to objectify women' handbook. So gathering the clothes she had, she managed to snag herself a boyfriend. Khaki shorts hiked up high, shirts tied up with a rubber band, and her short hair clipped back with anything she had managed to snag.

But getting a boyfriend didn't seem to convince her mother of anything.

"Anyone can have a boyfriend," she had said. "And you look ridiculous."

There was not much bunny could do about her appearance, she only had what she was given. And frankly, none of it looked like what she thought girls wore. Everything she was doing could easily be done by a boy; it was tiring.

You're nothing like a boy, just look at yourself," her boyfriend at the time had said. "See, boys don't look like this."

What she had interpreted as comfort was nothing but manipulation. No one was ever nice to her, and any sort of attention warmed her chest, which led her to a new idea. Although it was pushed upon her by her boyfriend, she didn't even realize all this time she was being manipulated by a guy who was older than her.

She had accomplished something, well in her head at least.

"You disgusting little girl!" her mother had yelled at her when she found out about her daughter's recent activities. "Aren't you ashamed of yourself?"

It wasn't something that she had enjoyed, not in the least. She felt empty, and even worse when the one person she had thought actually cared about threw her away once he got what he wanted.

But on the bright side, her mother had acknowledged her as a girl, her mom knew that she was a girl. Finally Bunny had found something that she could offer, that a boy couldn't, not that this was healthy, but she was young, the only thing she wanted was for her mom to love her as the daughter she was.

Her plan didn't work, her constant hookups with boys weren't fixing anything. Hell, she was still a middle schooler, and she missed the bullying over her name and appearance rather than her 'easiness'.

Any guy who was looking to get with someone just looked her way, and they proved what they needed to before leaving her. She felt alone, and even more so when she was sent away to live with a man that she'd never met before, her father.

Her father had no idea that she even existed, not until she was dropped off at his house. He loved, don't get me wrong but the damage that had already been inflicted onto her self-image was done.

She barely spoke to him, and she continued on with the bad habits she had picked up the year prior. Her father did everything he could for her daughter, treating her like a daughter and not just a mistake. Her hair grew longer, and her room was just what one would think of if you said it belonged to a girly girl, he even went so far as to grant her permission to change the name her mother had given her.

Although his father was trying to give her a sense of worth that she so desperately needed, she just wouldn't accept it from him. But he'd forever be grateful to the boy who crossed his daughter's path one day, and it was that encounter that he believes made all the difference in her life.

She was in her final year of middle school, and she had found herself in a storage room with a boy, in a high school no less. And like any other time, she was left alone.

She'd always cry to herself for a moment, it was her choice but there was no stopping the feelings she felt. Despite being so young, she had her reputation. She'd be seen prancing around with boys who were older, they always saw her as nothing more than an attention-hungry bitch.

She regretted everything she'd ever done with a boy, but she'd never regret hooking up with this one boy in particular. Not because he was nice to her, but because if she weren't there, she most likely wouldn't have met the boy who walked in halfway through her pity party,

"What do you want?" she wiped her face. "I'm busy."

"You'll get in trouble, you don't go here," he said with an unbothered facial expression.

"You gonna tell on me or something?" she asked.

"Depends," he shrugged.

"What do you want?" she asked, her mind going to one of the only reasons people talked to her.

"I want you to move over, I'm trying to get out of practice, they work us first-years to the bone here," he said. "So either leave and cry outside or make room for me to sit."

She moved over, not saying another word. He was particularly nice to her or anything, but then again he wasn't mean to her, and she liked that.

And she found herself sneaking into the high school to sit-in the storage room, in hopes that he'd run off from practice to hide and here. And to her delight he did.

He'd never actually tell her, but his practices were over, and he'd been given the task of packing up the gym for that day. The day she just so happened to be there, despite him not enjoying it, he volunteered again curious that she may show up again.

They would play card games and complain about anything that was on their mind. It was almost as if there was an unspoken agreement that they'd hang out in that storage room daily, excluding the weekends.

"After middle school, you'll come to this school right?" he asked.

"That's not now, I don't need to worry about it," she said rearranging her Uno cards. "But yeah, whatever."

"I'm your friend," he said to her.

"Okay," she said still looking at her cards.

By now the two had been hanging out for months, and it was in fact almost time for her to go into high school.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

I'm too lazy to finish it rn.

-Crouton