Chapter Nine: Jealousy?

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng," the man grimaced, "or should I say Ladybug?"

Marinette stared at the man in shock, she was horrified, "Who are you? How do you know my name? How do you know my identity?"

"I am Su Han," the man replied, "I am a member of the Order of the Guardians, I see that that coward Wang Fu has entrusted you with this miracle box... well prove to me you deserve it!"

"I-I... w-what? H-How?" Marinette stammered not knowing what to think or say

Su Han thought for a bit before making his decision, "Come with me to Tibet, for the summer, we will train you there, it will be intense training, but only then will I know whether you fit for this role."

"China?" Marinette exclaimed, "but what about Paris? Who will defeat Hawkmoth, cleanse the Akuma and restore all the damage?"

"You have a point," Su Han replied considering her argument, "I supposed you'll have to figure it out if you want to be considered worthy of being a guardian."

Marinette nodded, but with Chat Noir in shanghai and her in Tibet, she would have to enlist someone she could trust with a miraculous for the summer.

"But what about my parents?" She asked, "what do I tell them?"

"That is also an excuse for you to come up with," Su Han said, "I will be back," and with that he left.

"Oh Tikki," Marinette groaned as she put her hands to her face, "what should I do?"

"You always come up with the right ideas Marinette," Tikki chirped, reassuring her holder, "I'm sure you will come up with something."

"Let's see..." Marinette thought aloud "well, I can't give it someone whose identity has already been exposed, so that really only leaves Nino/carapace. But Alya already knows his identity so it could be dangerous, so the only option left would be... Alix?"

"That's a good idea Marinette," Tikki nodded encouraging her to go on

"Since Alix can keep a secret, and her miraculous is used as for 'last chance' it only makes sense for her to keep it with her at all times, in case something does happen to me... so if Paris is under attack this summer, I can have bunnyx notify me, and use the horse miraculous to teleport back to Paris and fix everything before going back to Tibet for more training."

"Yes Marinette," Tikki replied hugging her cheek warmly, "I knew you had it in you."

"But what about finding an excuse to go?" Marinette pondered, "it's not like I can say I'm ladybug, the new guardian of the miracle box, I need to go to Tibet over the summer for some training."

"Nope," Tikki giggled shaking her head, "nobody must know."

"Hmm, maybe I could tell them about a summer exchange program? But in Tibet, what could I possibly be learning there?"

"Well, you could say you will be in shanghai to study fashion," Tikki suggested, "I'm sure you won't be in Tibet the entire time."

"Maybe," Marinette replied, "I think I need some air..."

In the season 4 trailer, we see Su-Han coming in to take hold of the miracle box (maybe taking it away from Marinette? Anyways, since we don't know any details about him besides the fact that he may be akumatized and that he is part of the order of the guardians, I'm just going to write him how I see fit in the story. 

*****

Marinette decided to attend a practice session of her friends' band Kitty Section