Chapter Nineteen: Decisions

"U-Uh," Marinette blushed "Why don't we get started on the cookies?" she walked over to the kitchen area, "we can start by measuring the ingredients."

"Okay," Adrien nodded as he followed closely behind her

Marinette pulled out a scale as she let Adrien scoop out the sugar, brown sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and chocolate chips. She giggled as he clumsily got flour on his hair and face.

"Be careful Adrien," she scolded jokingly, "you're getting stuff all over the place."

"Oh please," he protested, "where's the fun if you don't get a little messy."

"Just don't make a huge mess," Marinette sighed, "we should take responsibility and clean up."

"Fine," Adrien pouted as he helped mix the ingredients together, "what do we do next?"

"Add the chocolate chips, preheat the oven, and then we bake!" Marinette replied

"That's it?" Adrien frowned, "well that was easy..."

"Yup," Marinette nodded with a goofy grin on her face

"So about those croissants..."

With the Kwamis

Plagg snuck out of Adrien's shirt once again and met up with Tikki and Wayzz.

"He's getting closer," Wayzz whispered referring to Nooroo and Hawk Moth, "I can feel him close by, it's almost as if..."

"He's right next door?" Plagg attempted, "Wait but that's his dad's room..."

"Could that mean that Gabriel is Hawk Moth?" Tikki gasped, "but didn't he get akumatized once?"

"Yeah, after my owner took the miraculous spellbook I found in the safe," Plagg pointed out

"Maybe he akumatized himself so that his son wouldn't expect him?" Wayzz suggested

"It's definitely possible," Tikki sighed, "why else would he have the spellbook, and be here at the exact same time?"

"Do you think he's the one after the phoenix miraculous?" Wayzz asked

"I guess the only way to find out is if he bids for it at the auction," Tikki replies with a worried expression on her face, "I hope An will be able to outbid him."

"If Gabriel is really Hawk Moth, how should I bring this up to my kid?" Plagg groaned

"It's probably best if he finds out for himself," Tikki suggested, "we're not sure how he will take it."

*****

Marinette finally agreed to make the croissants much to Adrien and Mei's delight. The next morning Adrien received the good news that he was able to secure an extra ticket to the fashion show and bring Marinette.

"Looks like we're able to get you into the fashion show," Adrien said with a bright smile on his face once he got off the phone with Nathalie

"Really?" Marinette squealed with delight, to be honest, it didn't surprise her that Adrien was able to get an extra ticket given that Gabriel was an international brand

"Yup, you'll be going as my plus one," he grinned

"Wait what?" Marinette blinked, that would mean she was technically going as his date? "That means I have to dress up extra nice, should I try making something or maybe I should ask Mei if she has something I can borrow. Oh but it's a huge fashion show, I obviously have to wear something in season, what if I wear the wrong thing and embarrass myself then I'll never be able to set foot in the fashion industry!"