Chapter Twelve: Thinking of You

"Adrien?" Marinette blinked, "what a coincidence."

"Oh hey Marinette," Adrien smiled, "didn't expect to bump into you here."

"Is your dad with you?" Marinette asked looking around, only to find the frightened bodyguard standing behind him.

"No, he had some important business to do first " Adrien shrugged, "I'm meeting him there."

"Oh okay..." Marinette sighed looking at the sad blonde, "well if you want I still have a bit of time before my flight, we can hang out if you want?"

Adrien looked over at his bodyguard who only responded with a small nod "I'd like that, I'd like that a lot."

On the plane with Marinette

Marinette recalled her conversations with Chat Noir and Adrien. Was it really a coincidence that both of them were flying to Shanghai on the same day? They had both said that it would be on a business trip with their father, not to mention Adrien had mumbled the words "M'lady" and "Bugaboo" in his sleep.

Then again, Chat Noir had thought Françoise Dupont High School was a kindergarten, was he also trying to cover up his identity like she had been when she had created the illusion of her giving back the miraculous to ladybug as multi-mouse.

During the events of Refleckdoll, they had both taken off their miraculous, Marinette remembered as she and Adrien both went back to the car, could he have been trying to retrieve his miraculous as well? She had seen Plagg holding Chat Noir's ring nearby. Chat Noir also had green eyes when he transformed into Mr. Bug, blonde hair and green eyes, the description really does match Adrien after all...

Then there were the events of New York. Both Adrien and Chat Noir had been in New York at the same time, they had also been in the museum when techlonizer attacked. Just as Chat Noir renounced Plagg, Adrien had also left.

Whenever she saw Adrien, Chat Noir seemed to be missing to be there, she remembered giving him the snake miraculous only to wait for Chat Noir to show up, but he hadn't until Adrien was no longer Aspik. When Adrien had turned into a gold statue in style queen, she had met Plagg who told her Chat Noir was unable to show up. It couldn't have all been a coincidence after all, could it?

Could I have really rejected Chat Noir for himself? Did I really fall for the same person twice?

On the plane with Adrien

Adrien looked over at his bodyguard who was still paranoid at the thought of flying. He sighed as pressed on the screen to look a movie to watch, only to see that the Ladybug and Chat Noir movie was still there. He remembered sitting on the plane looking through a magazine and scrolling through the entertainment section only to be reminded of Ladybug everywhere. Can I really look at Ladybug now and not feel sad or guilty?

He hated the thought of betraying her, his mind went back to the trip to New York right after he promised that he would watch over Paris and alert her of any akuma attacks. But now, he had already told Ladybug that he would be in Shanghai for the summer, but still, she would be all alone fighting... No, wait she will be in China for training while Bunnyx will alert her of any attacks in Paris? Adrien let out a soft groan, knowing Hawk Moth, he may very well take advantage of this situation to make it difficult for the heroes to fight him off. But if Ladybug and Chat Noir weren't in Paris, what was the point of attacking?

Adrien remembered how a sentimonster of robustus had destroyed Paris during their one-week trip to New York, what would happen when they were gone all summer? He only prayed nothing too bad would happen. It would be difficult for Ladybug to constantly teleport back and forth from China to Paris, not to mention he wouldn't be there to help. It wouldn't be easy to get away with his father's constant supervision, even if he could use the galaxy power-up to quickly transport back to Paris.