Chapter Twenty One: Start of School

Marinette's suspicion about Gabriel grew. Right when they went back to Paris. Chat Noir was also back. She was almost certain that Gabriel was Hawk Moth and Adrien was Chat Noir. There seemed to be even more akumatized villains than ever, almost as if someone was purposely spreading negative emotions.

She thought back to what Adrien had told her before the summer break, both Lila and Felix were staying over at the Agreste mansion. Could they have been invited as a part of Hawk Moth's ploy? If Gabriel was truly Hawk Moth why did he want their miraculous so badly? Idol or not she had to draw the line. The man was causing chaos all over Paris. She would never give him her miraculous even if he were Gabriel Agreste.

The rest of the summer passed by as Marinette spent her time using the horse miraculous to teleport between Paris and Tibet. By the time summer was finally over, she was given a provisional pass as one summer was a very short time to know for sure whether or not she was ready."There will be more trials in the future Marinette," Su-Han told her, "but for now go home and protect Paris from danger."

"Thank you," Marinette nodded determinedly, "I will."  

"There will be more challenging trials in the future," he warned, "we got lucky we had such a strong backing this time."

"I know," Marinette agreed remembering how the eagle miraculous was stolen by miraclonizer in New York. There were many other lost miraculouses out there and she knew Hawk Moth was on the lookout for them

*****

Adrien sighed as he waited for the days to pass by. He was able to go out again with Kagami, and sometimes with his other friends but he couldn't help missing Marinette.                            

"Hey dude looks like you and Marinette had a fun time in Shanghai together," Nino smirked as he showed Adrien a photo of him and Marinette at the fashion show together

"Oh yeah," Adrien blushed, "we were... just... you know... um hanging out..."

"Sure dude," Nino chuckled with a knowing look, "didn't you tell me she spent the night in your hotel room one time."

"She did what?" Alya shrieked, "wait why didn't I know about any of this?"

"Oh sorry babe," Nino apologized with a look of fear in his eyes

"And you!" She growled shaking Adrien by the shoulders, "you invite her to your hotel room to stay overnight yet you say she's just a friend?!"

"But I-I..." Adrien began to protest

"Don't get me started Agreste," Alya snarled, "you better not be stringing her along. If I find out you are, I'll be the one to rip your balls off."

"Babe, calm down," Nino urged the brunette, "sorry I think she missed you guys too much."

"I'm sorry Alya," Adrien sighed, "I've only recently realized how important Marinette is to me, and to tell you the truth, I no longer see Marinette as just a friend, but it seems she may only see me that way."

"Yet you guys spent the night together," Alya frowned

"No nothing like that," Adrien retorted, "I just missed her dad's croissants but the only way to make them was to let them proof overnight, just so happened her friend packed her some clothes so..."

"Hmm, whoever this friend is I love them already!" Alya exclaimed clapping her hands together, "but you finally realize your feelings huh blondie?"  

"Yes," Adrien admitted with a slight blush, "I'm in love with Marinette."

"Finally dude," Nino grinned as he slung his arm around his best friend's shoulder