Graffiti(Krii7y)

This song is Fallin' by Why Don't We. Sorry for the long wait. Also, thanks for 1000!

No POV-

Once there was a town. This town was a tired, dreary little town. The buildings were varying shades of grey and brown and there was no grass, trees, or flowers. People wore drab clothing with no colors other than black, brown, and grey. No one wanted to visit this town and only the blandest of people would move here to live. No one really left, they didn't understand how great and colorful the world was outside of their town. But in this town, there were two teenage boys, both on the cusp of manhood. Both had discovered the world outside and wanted more, craved it, even. Neither knew the other very well, only heard in passing conversation and an occasional glimpse in a hallway or on the street. It was there, with two boys who had found the world outside and wanted to show the rest of the town, that they both began their trail of colorful crime.

.

.

.

Graffiti.

They had the idea on the same day, at the same time, and committed their first crime the same night. When they woke up to hear that there had been TWO splashes of color, on opposite sides of the town, they were shocked. The artworks had two different sets of initials, alerting the town to the fact that it was not just one culprit, but two. As the days passed, the two slipped into a silent, unspoken competition. Each night the artwork grew more and more elaborate, spreading along buildings all over town. The townspeople were split. The younger generations loved it. The older ones despised it. The police searched in vain, as the two boys were very good at blending in with the night and hiding, especially from each other. A month passed, both yearning to know who each other were. A picture is worth a thousand words. That was especially true for these two. Scenes depicted unsaid emotions from both boys, depicting similar, yet different struggles. Beautiful artworks spanned walls and roofs across town.

The two boys were tired of not knowing who the other was, so when one had a brilliant and exhilarating idea...well. It changed the course of both of their lives forever.

John's POV-

I woke up in the morning and, after a couple of seconds of grogginess, bolted up and scrambled for my phone, immediately looking up the town's graffiti page. Yeah, someone made a graffiti page to document me and the other boy's work. I knew he was a guy, that's about it, but I felt like I knew so much more than that. I felt like I'd known him my whole life, just by looking at his work. I'd been out doing my work last night, this one was a laughing skull with a rose growing out of its forehead. I checked for what his was(there was a page for both of us), and gaped at his new one. It wasn't a picture, just a colorful message. It read:

~HEY OTHER GUY! YOUR WORK IS PRETTY COOL, BUT I THINK MINE MIGHT BE BETTER. LET'S HAVE A CONTEST. TOMORROW NIGHT, ME VS YOU. AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU WANT TO DO. PEOPLE JUDGE. AND I WOULD LOVE TO MEET YOU. TOMORROW NIGHT, CRIMINAL COURT, 3 AM. COME IF YOU WANT, MASKS ON OR OFF. I CAN'T WAIT TO BEAT YOU~

I wanted to laugh at the message, but I was suddenly too filled with nerves for tonight. A challenge? A possible meeting? We both know the cops will be out looking for us. Criminal Court was slang for the rooftop of the high school. Don't ask me why, it was before my time. As far as I know, the cops still didn't know what it meant. I just learned a couple of months ago.

Was I gonna do it? Hell yeah, the chance to meet the man I may or may not be crushing on?! Of course! But I was gonna come with my face covered, I rather him not see how fugly I am anyway. He's probably handsome as hell, and straight. All the hot guys are. Like Jaren Smith. God, I wanted to melt just thinking about him. Not like he would know who I was. We may be in the same grade and go to the same school, but we may as well be on different planets. He's popular and handsome, I'm the nobody that no one has ever heard of. And I'm ugly. This isn't some teen romance fan fiction where the handsome, popular guy falls in love with the nobody loser and they live happily ever after. That just doesn't happen.