Chasing the Sun(H2OVanoss)

Song is Chasing the Sun by The Wanted. This one is really long, fair warning.

Jonathan's POV-

No, Evan! I can do it! I'm fast enough!

Get out of here Jon! I've got this, I can get out of here!

NO! I'M NOT LEAVING YOU! I CAN'T WATCH YOU DIE!

YOU HAVE TO! I'VE GOTTA PLANT THE BOMB!

LET ME DO IT!

NO! TYLER, GET HIM OUT OF HERE!

What about you?! I can't lead in your place if you die!

I won't die! Just go! Take Jon with you, I'll meet you all at the cliffs!

NO! Tyler, let GO OF ME! EVAN! PROMISE ME YOU WON'T DIE, EVAN!

I PROMISE! I'M PLANTING IT, GO!

NO! Tyler, let me go back! Let me be with him!

I can't! We gotta get out of here! We can't have all three of us die!

NO! No no no no DAMB IT TYLER LET ME GO! EVAN!

We're out, damb it RUN JON!

NO! EVAN'S STILL IN THERE!

He said he'll meet us at the-

BOOM!

Jon, Jon are you okay?

I'm f-fine.

Oh my God, your face! BROCK! GET OVER HERE, JON NEEDS HELP!

I'm f-fine, I gotta-Evan-ow...

Stop moving, idiot! Brock, we need to get him away from the building, the heat's too much!

I'll get his legs!

Lift!

Aaahh, Evan...where's Evan?! EVAN!

Tyler, he's just gonna hurt himself worse! He needs to stop talking!

Jon, buddy, shut up! We're trying to help you! Evan's fine, he's Evan!

Evan...I want-ow, it hurts...

I know buddy, I know. It'll hurt less if you stop talking.

B-But Evan...it hurts...help me, Evan...

I bolted up, panting, the blankets falling off of me. I looked around frantically, the dream was so vivid. Well, I guess it wasn't a dream, but a memory. Even after a year, that memory still hurt me badly. Of course, it had hurt me in more than one way...

I raised a shaky hand to my face, running my fingers over the bumpy scar tissue that encompassed the right side of my face, where the skin had bubbled up to form the hills and mountains that were my face now. I had nearly nothing in terms of vision in that eye, It was just kind of blurry shapes and swaths of colors. My other eye was slightly impaired from before the explosion but got slightly worse after it, so I wore glasses now to improve that one. My right eye was a lost cause. I slid out of bed, grabbing my glasses and jamming them onto my face as I shuffled towards the bathroom. I caught sight of the clock as I passed. 12:48 pm. No surprise there. Ever since Evan died I wasn't able to sleep, I just spent my hours crying and staring at nothing. I couldn't believe it had been a year. A whole year without him. Tears slipped down the left side of my face as I did my business in the bathroom. I couldn't cry anymore with the right eye, the tear ducts had burnt up in the heat of the explosion.