204 - Rebecca

I found my way back to Colby after leaving Tara with Jake, who'd found her eventually in the huge crowd of people

I found my way back to Colby after leaving Tara with Jake, who'd found her eventually in the huge crowd of people. I didn't feel bad for taking her away at all: the buzz had made me nicer than usual, so I could actually admit that I wanted to spend time with my friends. Tara was my first choice since it felt like I didn't act right toward her. It was just the alcohol talking, I was sure, but it still bothered me.

Colby was standing with Sam, Corey, Reggie and Mike in some sort of guy's club in the corner while Katrina, Devyn and Cassie sat at the table seemingly chatting—I couldn't tell from so far away. It felt like there were high spirits everywhere, which only improved my mood more.

He didn't notice me until a couple of people moved out of my way as though I were some celebrity or villain—I certainly wasn't going to complain. It was like, the moment he saw me, Corey wasn't talking anymore, as his full attention was on me. His eyes moved up and down my dress then he met my gaze, flooring me with how blue his eyes looked in this lighting.

I moved faster to get to him, dodging one of the guests who hadn't got the same memo as the others and had drifted into my way. The second I was close enough, Colby's hand reached out and stole mine, pulling me right to his side. I felt my body fit to his instantly.

"Jake found Tara," I explained without breaking eye contact with him, "and I don't need to be around them when they're all coupley."

Colby smiled. "You know we're ten times worse, right?"

"Of course I do. I'm a hypocrite," I replied bluntly, a tiny grin tugging my lips at the corner.

"I wasn't going to say it," he muttered, glancing at Mike, who must have said something to him he didn't like. When he turned back to me, I saw the humour return. "Don't feel like getting hit on the head."

"Say what you want," I said, bringing his arm around me. "You know it works to shut you up."

"Sometimes," he agreed.

"All the time. Unless you're insisting on exposing me. Nothing stops you then." I didn't realise I was pouting until I drew Colby's eyes down to my lips. He lingered there for a second, no doubt considering kissing me. I wanted him to, but Kevin came out of nowhere and pulled us apart.