225 - Rebecca

Sunset approached quickly in Hawaii.

Colby had gone upstairs to sleep in the walled room all day while I spent some time on my own acquainting myself with the house.

It truly was as beautiful as it seemed, and the surrounding area was wild. There weren't any people for what I assumed would be miles. The only issue I had was the lack of signal, meaning I couldn't really check Maps to see where I was. I figured I'd do it later when Colby was around anyway.

I moved from the living room to the kitchen, which was fully stocked, to the decking out back leading to the staircase. I'd dragged a sunbed into the glowing ray of light from the sky, where I'd stayed for a couple of hours.

Sunny countries hadn't been my thing for most of my life. I preferred being warm, of course, and liked having a natural tan, but I didn't like it when it was humid all day. However, up here in the middle of nowhere in Hawaii, I didn't feel suffocated at all. The air was clean, crisp. It was the kind of air I wanted to have around me for the rest of my life.

That was probably possible if I asked Colby, but I liked my life in LA for now. Besides, I wasn't exactly planning on living somewhere I couldn't enjoy if I became a vampire. Colby was missing so much beauty being up there in that room.

When the sunset did come around just before seven pm, I rushed up the stairs into an open-air narrow hallway reminding me of the hallway across the house, though that'd been indoors. There were two doors here, each with a lock but only one with a window.

I walked excitedly up to the door without a window and carefully pushed it open, feeling a wave of extreme heat wash over me. Although I wanted to get the hell away from the heat, I slipped inside, shut the door, and crept toward the big bed pushed against the wall.

This room was nothing like the other two. Everything was darker, like the black couch, dark sheets and even some decor skulls — presumably — on a shelf above a modern-looking black dresser. It was nothing like the vintage gothic style of Colby's room back home, but it had its own charm still.

Remembering I didn't have long until the sun would be set, I rushed over to the heap of sheets piled on top of each other on the bed. I knelt down beside them, carefully pulling two off before I could even see the top of my boyfriend's head. I smiled as I tugged the covers out of his grip.

He was shirtless, not that it'd help him with the heat from the multiple blankets he had over him. I wanted to ask how he was insane enough to do that until I remembered he was a vampire, so his body temperature was always the same: cool. Lucky bastard.

Since Colby hadn't woken up, I decided to give him a little wake-up surprise, despite the deadline.

I carefully climbed up to straddle Colby's hips, leaning down and kissing at his neck. My kisses were soft, light as to not disturb him too much. As I drifted toward his chest, I felt him starting to shift, waking up. My lips twisted into a smirk as I shifted my entire body down his. I kissed at his v-line, curling my fingers around the waistband of his sweatpants.

"Mm," he muttered, turning his head. I slowly palmed him while still kissing his lower stomach, and began pulling at his pants. "F-Fuck," Colby whispered. He opened his eyes for the first time and looked down at me with his silver ring reaching the corners of his eyes. "Again?" he asked.

I chuckled. "No, this is just for you, baby."

I got down his pants, causing him to groan at our contact. His hand came down to the back of my head, holding me to him with my hair. I moved to his preferred rhythm, which I knew without his guidance anyway.