BONUS: Ex

After the end of the story but before the epilogue — before Angela is pregnant :)

Rebecca Woods

A good night out was long overdue. It felt like I hadn't left the damn house for weeks — probably because we really hadn't. Anyone who wanted to see to us came to us, so we didn't have much reason to leave besides gaining cabin fever.

Eventually, I convinced everyone to get off their lazy asses and arranged a night out at one of Colby's clubs. Despite being in a very comfortable relationship, I was dressed to impress, intending on driving him mad all night in an act of revenge for how he'd chosen to ignore every one of my requests up to now. For that reason, I sent him downstairs claiming to be doing my hair and made sure I looked fucking stunning by the time I approached the stairs.

My dress left little to the imagination, riding low at my chest and barely even going passed my hips, let alone reaching mid-thigh; with a ribbon running down the side holding it together and loose straps hanging off my shoulders, I was showing more skin than I had in months.

And it was clear Colby wasn't used to that outside our bedroom... and the kitchen... and the living room... and the red room... anywhere with a flat surface, but that wasn't my point.

His eyes were on Elton at first, whom he was complaining about having to go out to, claiming he'd rather stay in as always because it was "so much better" than dealing with other people. But then he heard my heel on the step and glanced at me, unsuspecting. His gaze quickly locked on, his lips barely making out the rest of his sentence. I watched those baby blues examining every inch of my dress as I walked casually down the stairs, refusing to give him the same attention in return.

"What was that, Colby? We didn't quite get the last bit," Katrina teased as she reached over to nudge him. He hardly had the brain function to bat her off.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and stopped a few feet away, clasping my hands behind my back. "We going or what?"

"You aren't."

I smiled. "Yes, I am. You've forced me to sit on my ass for weeks and I'm bored." My lips twisted into a wicked smirk. "I dare you to try to stop me."

"Let's not test whether I can," he muttered, zipping up to my side. His arm had slid around me and dragged me into his front, holding me so tightly it might have hurt if I was still human. I rolled my eyes.

"We already know she's yours, Colby. No need to grope the woman," Tara sighed, equally as bored, though she looked like she was smirking.

He narrowed his gaze. "It's not you guys I'm worried about."

"We're single," Mike muttered.

"And she's out of your league."

"No, I'm not," I interjected, earning an instant glare. I stared up at him, the top of my head against his collarbone, as I said, "Mike's plenty attractive." I then looked over and winked. "He'd have a chance."

Colby's hands tightened on my hips as the others laughed, anger I hadn't seen in him for a while simmering at the surface about to burst. I knew I couldn't keep this up for long or I'd risk ruining what was actually a very pleasant, regular relationship. But I hadn't been able to help myself.

I reached up to take his jaw in my hand, my eyes flicking from his right to his left, then down to his lips before settling back on his right. His hands loosened, and I said, "You've forgotten what humour is, Colbs. You definitely need a night out."

He hummed, pulling out of my grip.

"Don't be mean."

"You're annoying me."