213 - Rebecca

"Hey, Becky," Kevin greeted when I walked into the kitchen with most of the rest of the group. He was the only one fully dressed, waiting to take me to what was now just my dad's house.

I barely acknowledged him, nodding as I pulled open the fridge. Before I could grab anything, Katrina skipped up to me and handed over a sandwich. I stared at it for a second, then at her.

She shrugged. "I figured you'd want something before you left."

I wanted to tell her to have it herself, but I was trying to cut back on the comments and distance, so I took it from her and nodded. As I shut the fridge, a breeze led up to my side and hands slid onto my hips. I felt a body press up against me, suddenly making me hungry for something else.

Kevin, lounging across the kitchen island as if that's what you were supposed to do, looked over and asked, "Where are we going?"

"You don't need to know," I replied.

"But I kinda do."

Colby shook his head. "You don't need to know yet."

Kevin's eyes narrowed as he slid down from the island, circling it to get close to me. I was mid-bite when he tried to steal my sandwich, and I reached out to slap his hand. But he used his speed on me and stole it anyway, then ran off.

My mouth opened and closed again. This wasn't worth fighting him over. This wasn't worth fighting him over. This-

Oh, screw it.

"Kevin, I am going to crucify you!" I yelled to the hall where he'd gone, but I didn't follow him. Colby's hands on my hips got tighter, his head dipping to my shoulder. He placed a soft kiss then pulled me to his chest, his arms sliding all the way around me.

A smile built on my face as I slid my fingers between Colby's over the back of his hands. He tugged me even closer, it that was possible, and tucked his face into the curve of my neck. I felt him inhaling.

We'd been lost in our own world, I realised, but I wasn't ready to leave it. Not at all.

Sure, I wanted to go and see my dad but that could wait for a little while, couldn't it? He'd be around still if we went in a couple of hours... or half a day... or tomorrow-

No, I had to get my head on straight. Colby didn't help with coherent thoughts or smart decisions.

I subtly pulled away from Colby so he stood upright and let go of me, allowing me to walk to the hall and peer around for Kevin. I couldn't see him so I couldn't drag his ass over here. I yelled for him instead. "Kevin! We're going. Get your ass-"

"I'm here," Kevin announced as he appeared by the front door. I turned back to Colby, who was exchanging parting words with Sam. I waited until he'd taken my hand to go up to a patient Kevin.

We headed out of the house to the drive, then climbed into Colby's car. Kevin was shoved into the backseat, which he took up most of with his large frame. He didn't seem all too bothered as he stared out the window like a little kid, watching the world go by.

About five minutes into the drive, he started leaning on our seats. "Awe, holding hands, cute," he said when he saw our hands, then he said, "Where are we going again?"

I rolled my eyes. "You're gonna keep asking until I tell you, aren't you?" He nodded. "We're going to my dad's house. I need to talk to him properly."

Kevin's amused smile slipped from his face as he slowly sat back in his seat. He realises we weren't going on some fun secret mission, but rather it was much more serious than that. And he didn't understand why he was invited.