Tastes Like Home #1

Surpriiiiiiiiiise!

I'm not dead but in fact very much still writing.

So, enjoy this little bonus mini-series as I return to my favourite couple I've ever written about — and thank you to everyone who continues to return to this book to reread, and of course all the newcomers who bless my comment sections.

❤️

One

One

"Again."

"I'm tired."

"I don't care. Go again."

"Please, let me just leave so I can sleep."

"Leah."

I rolled my eyes as Rebecca motioned toward herself with her finger. Her face was hard, her jawline jutting out and lips pursed. It didn't matter how many times we were in this situation, she never failed to piss me off.

LEAH WOODS

Something I had lovingly inherited from my aunt was her attitude

Something I had lovingly inherited from my aunt was her attitude. Everyone liked to say that she had changed now and used to be extremely hard to deal with—even Colby, which had earned him a few good slaps on the head over the years—but when it came to me, she was a hardass. Between her and my mother's protective nature when it came to pretty much everything, it was impossible to have my own life.

But I supposed that didn't matter too much since I enjoyed my life in the big house with all the "scary" vampires who folded for me no matter what I asked. Unless I asked to go out alone.

Shortly after my eighteenth birthday, Mom let me move out under the condition I lived with my aunt, uncle and the rest of the clan. I'd grown up around them so I'd known what they were my entire life and grew rather close, particularly to Corey and Kevin, since they shared my humour to a T. My attitude, however, often got in the way of making friendships, so these guys were all I knew.